TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Maruti Suzuki launched the new Swift in the Indian market in February at the Auto Expo 2018. Now, GaadiWaadi reports that Maruti Suzuki is likely to launch the sporty version of the hatchback named as Maruti Swift RS. Suzuki already retails the Swift Sport in global markets, but it will not come to India due to the high price tag.
The new Maruti Swift RS will be similar to the Baleno RS which was launched in March 2017. The report states that the new Maruti Swift RS will feature the same 1-litre Boosterjet petrol engine that does its duty on the Baleno RS.
Maruti Suzuki is expected to slot the new Swift RS below the Baleno RS and we can safely assume that the Swift RS will be priced lower than the Baleno RS. Currently, the top-spec manual petrol variant of the Swift is priced at Rs 7.31 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and the Swift RS could be priced between Rs 7.8 to 8 lakh ex-showroom.
The new Maruti Swift RS will draw power from the same 998cc Boosterjet, three-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 101bhp and 150Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox delivering power to the front wheels.
The new Maruti Swift RS is expected to feature cosmetic updates to make it look sporty as compared to the standard model. Expect the Swift RS to get a sporty front bumper, side skirts and a roof-mounted spoiler. The Swift RS could also get attractive body graphics to enhance the looks of the hatchback.
Other updates on the new Maruti Swift RS might include 16-inch alloy wheels, disc brakes on all the four wheels and slightly stiff suspension to improve the handling. The interior might also get some special treatment in the form of sporty seats and RS branding.
Thoughts On The Maruti Swift RS
Maruti Suzuki was expected to introduce the new Swift Sport in India. But the plan was dropped as it would have been an expensive affair for the company. Now, it looks like Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch a cheaper version of the sporty hatchback named as Swift RS. The Swift RS will feature similar updates as the Baleno RS.