- 10 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 12 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 24 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- News Have already said I will return for second-term: Fadnavis on Maha CM post
- Sports Mark Wood eyes Ashes role despite injury blow
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 3 Opening Episode Live Updates: Contestants' List, Nagarjuna's Return To TV & More
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Ahead of the MPV launch, Maruti Suzuki has released a number of teaser videos of the Ertiga MPV. Each of the videos showcases a specific aspect of the car such as the exterior styling, engine, third-row seats, dashboard and more.
The all-new Maruti Ertiga will feature a completely revised design with a more upmarket feel. The MPV will come with projector headlamps, new chrome-studded grille, sharper lines all-around and an updated set of tail lamps as well.
The 2nd-generation Maruti Ertiga will be part of the company's new HEARTECT platform. This is the same platform, which underpins other Maruti Suzuki products such as the Swift and Dzire.
The HEARTECT platform uses high-tensile lightweight steel, making the new MPV lighter than its predecessor.
The Maruti Ertiga will also be larger in dimensions (wheelbase remains unchanged), due to the new platform. This will translate to an increased cabin space for all passengers.
Inside, the all-new Maruti Ertiga will come with a seven-seater configuration. The MPV will also feature a host of equipment, including a dual-tone cabin, faux wood inserts on the dashboard and steering wheel, roof-mounted AC vents for the rear passengers and a large infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality etc.
Powering the all-new Ertiga will be the 1.5-litre K15-Series petrol engine. This is the brand new petrol power unit from Maruti Suzuki, replacing the old 1.4-litre unit. The engine was first seen on the updated Ciaz sedan. The 1.5-litre petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque.
Maruti will also carry forward the 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine on the Ertiga. This engine produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engine options will come with the brand's SHVS (Smart Hybrid) technology. The engines will further be mated to either a five-speed manual or four-speed torque-convertor automatic gearbox offerings.
Other standard safety features on the all-new 2018 Maruti Ertiga: airbags, ABS, reverse parking cameras, seat-belt reminders, speed alerts and an ISOFIX child-seat mounts.
Thoughts On The All-New Maruti Ertiga
The new Maruti Ertiga once launched will be priced slightly premium than the outgoing model. The MPV will rival the likes of the recently launched Mahindra Marazzo and the popular Toyota Innova Crysta in the market.