TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Ahead of the MPV launch, Maruti Suzuki has released a number of teaser videos of the Ertiga MPV. Each of the videos showcases a specific aspect of the car such as the exterior styling, engine, third-row seats, dashboard and more.
The all-new Maruti Ertiga will feature a completely revised design with a more upmarket feel. The MPV will come with projector headlamps, new chrome-studded grille, sharper lines all-around and an updated set of tail lamps as well.
The 2nd-generation Maruti Ertiga will be part of the company's new HEARTECT platform. This is the same platform, which underpins other Maruti Suzuki products such as the Swift and Dzire.
The HEARTECT platform uses high-tensile lightweight steel, making the new MPV lighter than its predecessor.
The Maruti Ertiga will also be larger in dimensions (wheelbase remains unchanged), due to the new platform. This will translate to an increased cabin space for all passengers.
Inside, the all-new Maruti Ertiga will come with a seven-seater configuration. The MPV will also feature a host of equipment, including a dual-tone cabin, faux wood inserts on the dashboard and steering wheel, roof-mounted AC vents for the rear passengers and a large infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality etc.
Powering the all-new Ertiga will be the 1.5-litre K15-Series petrol engine. This is the brand new petrol power unit from Maruti Suzuki, replacing the old 1.4-litre unit. The engine was first seen on the updated Ciaz sedan. The 1.5-litre petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque.
Maruti will also carry forward the 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine on the Ertiga. This engine produces 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engine options will come with the brand's SHVS (Smart Hybrid) technology. The engines will further be mated to either a five-speed manual or four-speed torque-convertor automatic gearbox offerings.
Other standard safety features on the all-new 2018 Maruti Ertiga: airbags, ABS, reverse parking cameras, seat-belt reminders, speed alerts and an ISOFIX child-seat mounts.
Thoughts On The All-New Maruti Ertiga
The new Maruti Ertiga once launched will be priced slightly premium than the outgoing model. The MPV will rival the likes of the recently launched Mahindra Marazzo and the popular Toyota Innova Crysta in the market.