TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
India's leading automaker Maruti Suzuki recently launched the new 2018 Ciaz facelift in the Indian market with revamped styling, new petrol engine and premium features. Now, CarDekho reports that Maruti Suzuki will not launch the 2018 Maruti Ciaz S in the Indian market.
The Maruti Ciaz S is a sportier variant of the sedan and Maruti Suzuki has discontinued the Ciaz S with the launch of the facelifted avatar of the sedan. Now, the company has no plans to introduce the 2018 avatar of the Ciaz S in the Indian market. This information is revealed by CV Raman, Senior Executive Director of Engineering, Maruti Suzuki.
Speaking about the discontinuation of the Ciaz S, CV Raman said that as it was a niche product, the Ciaz S did not do well as far as the numbers are concerned. He also added the company also did not expect the Ciaz S to perform well in the Indian market. So, Maruti Suzuki has decided to focus on the volume segment.
The discontinued Maruti Ciaz S was equipped with body kit which features an all-round skirting and a spoiler on the boot. The interior of the sporty sedan featured an all-black interior. Maruti Suzuki is offering a similar kit on the 2018 Ciaz as an accessory. But the interior does not get any modifications.
The Maruti Ciaz Z was offered on the top-spec Alpha trim of the old Ciaz in both petrol and diesel variants. The Ciaz S was offered with a premium of Rs 11,000 as compared to the standard model. But the exterior kit on the new Ciaz will cost you over Rs 30,000.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ciaz S
The Maruti Ciaz S was a sporty version of the Ciaz which came with a host of updates to the exterior and interior design. The power figures and other mechanical components remained the same. Now, Maruti Suzuki has decided not to launch the 2018 Ciaz S in India. But the company is offering the body kit in the form of an accessory, which carries a hefty price tag.