- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Spy pics of the new Mahindra Thar have been leaked online and this is the very first look at how the popular off-roader will be in the near future. Mahindra has been working on the 2020 Thar project for quite some time now.
The latest Mahindra Thar spy pics shared by CarDekho reveal very minimum details. However, it is evident that the new 2020 Mahindra Thar is much bigger than the current model. The wheel track itself proves this.
In the other two images, the new Mahindra Thar is sadly under covers. However, we can make out the extended proportions and the increased wheelbase, while keeping the basic design similar.
The upcoming Mahindra Thar is based on an entirely new platform, unlike the present model which shares a lot of components with the Scorpio. In fact, Mahindra has reportedly spent a few hundred crores for the new model.
Another fact worth noting is that, the engineers have taken a lot of inputs from the brand's Mahindra Adventure division. The well-trained officials at Mahindra Adventure know what is wanted in a good off-roader. We have also attended an off-roading session recently — read our experience here.
The present Mahindra Thar is available in two engine choices: 2.5-litre CRDe and 2.6-litre Di. The 2.5-litre engine makes 105bhp and 247Nm of torque, while the 2.6-litre gives out a humble 63bhp and 195Nm of torque. Power is sent to the either the rear wheels or both the axles via a five-speed gearbox.
Rumours suggest that the 2020 Mahindra Thar might employ a revised version of the brand's 2.2-litre mHawk engine, or the 1.5-litre diesel engine seen on the recently-launched Mahindra Marazzo.
The Mahindra Thar has always been accused of having a high centre of gravity (increases the chance of tipping over). This could be rectified in the upcoming model, in addition to better dynamics and handling.
Basic safety features such as dual-airbags, ABS+EBD and an upgraded four-wheel-drive system can be expected. Other forms of equipment include an improved infotainment system, better upholstery and grippier tyres.
Prices for the new Mahindra Thar should be in the range of Rs 7 – 10 lakh ex-showroom. We have also come to know that those who are willing to buy the current Thar, are being advised to wait for the 2020 model.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra Thar
The new Thar has been long-awaited by off-roading enthusiasts and Mahindra fans alike, for a very long time now. The anticipation on what the new Mahindra Thar has to offer is not at all less, and we expect it to be gamechanger among Indian off-road vehicles. What are your expectations of the 2020 Mahindra Thar? Let us know in the comment section below.