- 25 min ago Tata HBX Interiors Spied Revealing New Details Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 30 min ago Mercedes-Benz EQS Luxury Electric Vehicle Revealed: The New Standard For Luxurious EVs?
- 1 hr ago Honda Cars India Recall Campaign Extended Over Possible Faulty Fuel Pump: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Cars Prices Increased On Select Models: Here Are All Details
- News 'Strong evidence' coronavirus predominantly spreads through air: Lancet study
- Movies Ritesh Sidhwani Meets Lieutenant Governor Of Jammu And Kashmir; Calls It An 'Absolute Honour'
- Technology Banned On WhatsApp Unexpectedly? This Could Be The Reason
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: Toss report: MS Dhoni plays 200th game for Chennai Super Kings, opts to bowl
- Lifestyle Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- Education JEE Main 2021: Students Demand Postponement Of JEE Main After CBSE Class 12 Board Exam
- Finance SBI Customers Can Now Convert Their Purchase Into EMI Starting From Rs 52, Here's How
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Hyundai has launched the new i20 facelift in India at a starting price of Rs 5.34 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Hyundai i20 facelift gets a revamped design and few new features in its 2018 avatar. So what's new in the 2018 iteration of the premium hatchback? Let's find out in this first look review of the new Hyundai i20 facelift.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Design
The new Hyundai i20 facelift features a revised design language to give the car a new look. The prominent change comes in the form of new front fascia which now features Hyundai's signature cascading grille, new projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights and newly designed bumper playing host to the new arrowhead fog lamps. You can also have a detailed look at the new i20 facelift by viewing the photo gallery of the updated premium hatchback.
The side profile of the new Hyundai i20 facelift remains identical to the outgoing model with blacked out B and C-pillar. The floating roof design has equipment on the new i20 facelift which gives the car a premium look. The doors also get black plastic inserts, and the hatchback is equipped with new diamond cut alloy wheels.
On the rear profile, the new Hyundai i20 facelift sports slightly revamped tail lamp cluster, newly designed boot lid, redesigned bumper with black plastic cladding and reflectors on either side. Another noticeable change is the number plate housing has been now moved to the tailgate as opposed to the rear bumper. Apart from that, all the design elements remain unchanged.
Hyundai i20 Fact Sheet
|Price||Rs 5.34 – 9.15 lakh|
|Engine Type||4-cyl NA / 4-cyl turbo|
|Fuel Used||Petrol / Diesel|
|Engine Displacement||1,197cc / 1,396cc|
|Power||83bhp / 89bhp|
|Torque||115Nm / 219Nm|
|Transmission||5-speed manual & Automatic / 6-speed manual|
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Engine Details
The new Hyundai i20 facelift continues to draw power from the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engine. The petrol unit produces 83bhp and 115Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox; an automatic gearbox will be added in May 2018.
The diesel engine on the new Hyundai i20 facelift is good for 89bhp and 219Nm of torque. The diesel engine is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Interior
The interior of the new Hyundai i20 facelift has received minor tweaks and now features a larger 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The interior also features sliding front armrest and rear AC vents. The rest of the dashboard remains almost same as the previous model.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Features
The new 2018 Hyundai i20 facelift is loaded with features such as projector headlamps, cornering lights, LED daytime running lights, automatic climate control, Arkamys eight-speaker audio system, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, keyless entry, automatic headlamps and chrome door handles.
The safety features of the new Hyundai i20 facelift include dual airbags and ABS as standard across the range. The top-spec model comes loaded with six airbags, IsoFix child seat mounts and reverse parking camera.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Rivals
The new Hyundai i20 facelift now comes with a refreshing design which in line with the other new Hyundai cars. The new 2018 Hyundai i20 facelift will lock horns with the Maruti Baleno and Volkswagen Polo. With the updated design and additional equipments, the i20 facelift is a solid package as compared to its rivals.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Hyundai i20 Facelift
The new Hyundai i20 facelift features a new refreshed exterior design and new equipment on the interior to enhance the premium look of the hatchback. The new i20 also gets a new automatic gearbox which will be introduced later this year. With the aggressive pricing, the new Hyundai i20 facelift will be a fierce competitor in the premium hatchback segment.