TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
The new Hyundai i20 Active 2018 was launched in India at Rs 6.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Compared to the old model, the new Hyundai i20-based crossover brings only subtle changes; most of them being cosmetic.
The Hyundai i20 Active comes with two engine choices: 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel. The petrol engine makes 82bhp and 114Nm of torque. On the other hand, the diesel engine makes 89bhp and 220Nm of torque. The petrol engine is mated to a 5-speed manual while the diesel gets a 6-speed manual.
Here are the top features or changes in the new 2018 Hyundai i20 Active:
New Colour Option
The 2018 Hyundai i20 Active gets a new dual-tone paint scheme - Marina Blue and Polar White. This new colour combo is in addition to the existing Earth Brown and Polar White with Black option. The new paint scheme is available only on the top SX trim.
The Hyundai i20 Active is available in seven colours. Here are the other single-tone colours: Earth Brown, Sleek Silver, Fiery Red and Polar White.
New 7.0-inch Touchscreen Infotainment
The updated 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment in the new Hyundai i20 Active supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink. The system is responsive and smooth to use.
Tweaked Interior Styling
The top-spec i20 Active 2018 now gets body-coloured accents inside. This extends from the dashboard to the seats.
The gear knobs also get body-coloured accents.
Electrically Adjustable & Foldable ORVMs
The Outside Rear-View Mirrors (ORVM) in the Hyundai i20 Active are both electrically adjustable and foldable. The unit also has a welcome function. Through this, the mirrors unfold/fold automatically whenever the key is in close/far proximity from the doors.
New 'i20 Active' Badge
Though a minor addition, the latest Hyundai i20 gets a new ‘Active' metal badging. Earlier, it was less embossing.
ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
The Hyundai i20 Active 2018 has also improved in terms of safety with the addition of the new ISOFIX child seat mounts.
The car also gets six airbags on the SX trim, while dual airbags come standard.
Other Features And Changes In The New Hyundai i20 Active
Here are some of the other notable features in the 2018 Hyundai i20 Active:
- Sunglass holder
- Smart Key with Start/Stop button
- Reverse parking sensors + camera
- Anti-pinch power windows
- Automatic climate control with cluster ioniser
- Rear AC vents
- USB charger
- Sliding front armrest
- Rear armrest with cup holder
Thoughts On The 2018 Hyundai i20 Active
The latest Hyundai i20 Active facelift does not come with any major changes. Apart from the minor cosmetic tweaks and feature additions, the 2018 Hyundai i20 Active remains identical to the previous version.
The hatchback crossover segment has started to see some activity with the launch of the all-new Ford Freestyle.
Do you think the 2018 Hyundai i20 Active is a match for the Freestyle?