- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Technology Lenovo Z6 Lite vs other smartphones with 6GB RAM under Rs. 20,000
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Movies Sai Pallavi Not Part Of Premam 2 Due To This Unfortunate Reason? Deets Inside!
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hyundai has revealed the all-new Santro in India and the company is gearing up for the launch of the new hatchback. The new Hyundai Santro will be launched in India on October 23, 2018. The new Hyundai Santro features a new design and comes with an AMT gearbox option.
Now, Autocar India reports that more Hyundai cars will get the new AMT gearbox. The report states that after the all-new Santro, the new Grand i10 and Xcent will get the AMT gearbox option. Both the cars are currently offered with an optional torque converter automatic gearbox.
But the new Hyundai Grand i10 AMT and Xcent AMT will not be launched anytime soon as Hyundai is yet to begin testing the AMT gearboxes. The new AMT gearbox is developed in-house by the South Korean car manufacturer. But many other automakers outsource AMT kits to reduce the investment and costs involved in developing an AMT gearbox.
Hyundai expects that the demand for AMT to be high in metro cities and to cater the market demand the company will be introducing AMT gearbox in many other cars as well. The all-new Santro is the first Hyundai car to feature an AMT gearbox. By analysing the market response Hyundai will introduce AMT option on other popular products.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 has been already spotted on Indian roads and the car gets minor updates to the overall design. Up front, the new Hyundai Grand i10 will feature a new cascading grille, redesigned headlamps and larger fog lamp housing. The new design bits will be borrowed from the new Elantra.
Similar to the new Grand i10, the new Xcent will also feature a revamped design. Both the cars will be equipped with premium features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, rear AC vent and much more. Both the cars will draw power from a BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine.
Thoughts On New Hyundai Grand i10 And Xcent Getting AMT Gearbox
The AMT gearbox has become very popular among the entry-level cars in the Indian market. The demand for AMT is increasing at a rapid rate and the customers in metro cities are leaning towards AMT gearbox. Now, Hyundai will also jump into the AMT cars segment with the introduction of the new Santro.