TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Hyundai has revealed the all-new Santro in India and the company is gearing up for the launch of the new hatchback. The new Hyundai Santro will be launched in India on October 23, 2018. The new Hyundai Santro features a new design and comes with an AMT gearbox option.
Now, Autocar India reports that more Hyundai cars will get the new AMT gearbox. The report states that after the all-new Santro, the new Grand i10 and Xcent will get the AMT gearbox option. Both the cars are currently offered with an optional torque converter automatic gearbox.
But the new Hyundai Grand i10 AMT and Xcent AMT will not be launched anytime soon as Hyundai is yet to begin testing the AMT gearboxes. The new AMT gearbox is developed in-house by the South Korean car manufacturer. But many other automakers outsource AMT kits to reduce the investment and costs involved in developing an AMT gearbox.
Hyundai expects that the demand for AMT to be high in metro cities and to cater the market demand the company will be introducing AMT gearbox in many other cars as well. The all-new Santro is the first Hyundai car to feature an AMT gearbox. By analysing the market response Hyundai will introduce AMT option on other popular products.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 has been already spotted on Indian roads and the car gets minor updates to the overall design. Up front, the new Hyundai Grand i10 will feature a new cascading grille, redesigned headlamps and larger fog lamp housing. The new design bits will be borrowed from the new Elantra.
Similar to the new Grand i10, the new Xcent will also feature a revamped design. Both the cars will be equipped with premium features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, rear AC vent and much more. Both the cars will draw power from a BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine.
Thoughts On New Hyundai Grand i10 And Xcent Getting AMT Gearbox
The AMT gearbox has become very popular among the entry-level cars in the Indian market. The demand for AMT is increasing at a rapid rate and the customers in metro cities are leaning towards AMT gearbox. Now, Hyundai will also jump into the AMT cars segment with the introduction of the new Santro.