- 3 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 6 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence against former champions Patna Pirates
- News AirAsia pilot suspended for wrongly transmitting ‘hijack code’: Report
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
New India-spec 2019 Honda Civic sedan's spy pics have been leaked online. The sporty and premium product from Honda Car India will finally make a return after almost seven years, in February 2019. This is perhaps one of the most awaited launches in the D-segment sedan category of the Indian market.
The new Honda Civic first came to Indian shores at Auto Expo 2018, held back in February. Honda had to take an entire year to change it from a showcase model to the market version. In fact, it is one of the six new Honda models which were/are slated for an India-debut, in a span of three years.
This list includes the Amaze, CR-V, BR-V, a new hatchback, a petrol-hybrid and of course, the 2019 Honda Civic. The previous-generation petrol-powered Honda Civic was initially a success, but sales began to drop as the market wanted more diesel sedans.
Coming back to the new model, the 2019 Honda Civic test mule is heavily camouflaged and most of its design details are not visible. However, an expert can still make it out from its full-LED headlamp cluster and smooth-sloping roofline.
Other design features include the large 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and the subtle chrome treatment. Inside, the new Honda Civic will come with a host of electronic equipment in the form of infotainment and driving assists.
Engine choices will most likely include a 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The petrol engine makes around 140bhp and 174Nm of torque, while the diesel engine is good for 120bhp and a strong 300Nm of torque. Transmission options include a six-speed manual or a CVT unit.
Once launched, it will rival the Skoda Octavia, upcoming Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla Altis. Expected prices are in the range Rs 14 – 18 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Honda Civic
When the previous-generation Civic was introduced in India, it was one of the coolest sub-25-lakh sedans you could buy. It came with all the equipment and style for its time, and had a huge fan following. The new Civic seems to be a bit more tamed and elegant. Nevertheless, the anticipation is still not low.
Source: NDTV Auto