- 15 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Joshna Chinappa advances to third round of British Open
- News Doordarshan to get new logo! Here are 5 shortlisted designs to replace DD’s ‘eye’
- Finance Third-Party Motor Insurance Cover Set To Become Expensive
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9T gets certified hinting imminent launch
- Movies Salman Khan TAKES A SHARP JIBE At Priyanka Chopra For Choosing Wedding With Nick Jonas Over Bharat
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
According to Autocar India, the new-generation Brio will carry forward a styling similar to Honda's Small RS Concept. The Concept was unveiled earlier this year at the Indonesia International Motor Show 2018.
The new-generation Honda Brio hatchback will feature a similar body shell as seen on the Small RS Concept. However, the production version of the new Brio will miss out on the body kits and the faux diffusers, seen on the Concept.
The front design as seen from the Concept features a large grille. The front grille is borrowed from the facelift Mobilio MPV sold in Indonesia. The grille comes in a gloss piano-black shade while housing the Honda logo at its centre. The front also gets a large three-part air-intake with LED strips.
At the rear, the Concept features a conventional tailgate. This is in contrast to the glass bootlid as seen on the earlier generation Brio hatchback. The tailgate also has a slightly larger overhang, indicating an increase in the amount of boot space.
Interiors of the production version Brio are yet to be revealed. However, we can expect a much more upmarket appearance.
Other features which can be expected on the new Brio hatchback includes a touchscreen infotainment system as well as smartphone connectivity options with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
There are no details yet of the powertrain for the new Honda Brio. The current generation Brio hatchback in Indonesia though is powered by a 1.4-litre, four-cylinder i-VTEC engine. It produces 88bhp and 104Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual or an automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The New Honda Brio Hatchback
There is no word yet, to whether the new-generation Honda Brio will be launched in India. Globally, the hatchback takes on rivals such as the Suzuki Swift, Hyundai i10 and the Kia Picanto.