TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
The new Honda Amaze 2018 has just been launched in India. The compact-sedan offering from Honda is available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol model of the Honda Amaze has a starting price of Rs 5.59 lakh, while the diesel model comes with a base price of Rs 6.69 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The petrol model source power from the existing 1.2-litre engine producing 89bhp and 110Nm of torque. While the diesel model uses the 1.5-litre engine churning out 99bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional CVT gearbox.
However, the diesel-CVT combo on the new Honda Amaze produces 20bhp and 40Nm of torque less, compared to its manual version.
The new 2018 Honda Amaze is available in four trim levels: E, S, V and VX
Here we explain each trim level individually, along with all the features each of them have to offer.
New Honda Amaze ‘E Variant' (Rs 5.59 - 6.69 lakh)
- Front Dual Airbags
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchorage
- ABS with EBD
- Chrome Grille
- Rear Parking Sensor
- Impact Sensing Door Unlock
- Power Window
- Driver Seat Pretensioner with Load Limiter
The new Honda Amaze ‘E' Trim level has a starting price of Rs 5.59 lakh for the petrol model, while the diesel model costs Rs 6.69 lakh.
New Honda Amaze ‘S Variant' (Rs 6.49 - 8.39 lakh)
- Power-Adjustable ORVM
- Integrated LED Turn Indicators on ORVMs
- Shark Fin Antenna
- Steering Mounted Controls
- Speed Sensing Auto Door Lock
- Rear Centre Foldable Armrest
- Interior Decoration Package
- Tilt Steering
The new Honda Amaze ‘S' Trim level, comes with the option of either a manual or a CVT gearbox for both the petrol and diesel models.
The manual variant of the petrol model is priced at Rs 6.49 lakh, while the diesel manual costs Rs 7.59 lakh.
The petrol model with the CVT gearbox comes with a price tag of Rs 7.39 lakh, while the diesel-CVT combo on the ‘S' variant is priced at Rs 8.39 lakh.
New Honda Amaze 'V Variant' (Rs 7.09 - 8.99 lakh)
- LED Position Light on Headlamps
- Multi-Spoke R15 Alloy Wheels
- Front Fog Lamps
- One Push Start/Stop
- Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Windshield defogger
- Paddle Shifter (on CVT option)
- MID Screen with Outside Temperature & Mileage Display
The Petrol models of the new Honda Amaze cost Rs 7.09 lakh for the manual transmission and Rs 7.99 lakh for the CVT option. Similarly, the diesel models are priced at 8.19 lakh and 8.99 lakh for the manual and CVT transmission respectively.
New Honda Amaze ‘VX Variant' (Rs 7.57 - 8.67 lakh)
- 7-inch advanced touchscreen Infotainment System
- Integrated turn-by-turn Navigation
- Smartphone Connectivity (Android Auto & Apple CarPlay)
- Rear Camera and Guidelines
- Cruise Control
- Steering Mounted Voice Controls
- Voice Command
- IR Remote Control
The top-end VX variant of the new Honda Amaze costs Rs 7.57 lakh for the petrol option, while the diesel option is priced at Rs 8.67 lakh.
New Honda Amaze 2018 Price List (In Lakh)
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (India)
New Honda Amaze Mileage
Honda claims an ARAI mileage rating of 19km/l and 19.5km/l on the petrol manual and CVT option of the new Amaze, respectively. The diesel variants of the new Honda Amaze claim a mileage of 27.4km/l and 23.8km/l on the manual and CVT gearbox respectively.
Thoughts On The New Honda Amaze Variants
The second-generation Honda Amaze is an all-new compact-sedan, with a host of new features and updates. The new Amaze will take on rivals such as the Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Volkswagen Ameo and the Ford Aspire.