- 16 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 16 min ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- 16 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- Sports At 34, playing second-fiddle to younger Rishabh Pant will not help Wriddhiman Saha
- News Pak PM Imran welcomes Trump's offer of mediation on Kashmir, says it won't be resolved bilaterally
- Movies Dabangg 3: Arbaaz Khan REVEALS Details About Saiee Manjrekar's Role In This Salman Khan Film
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Fell After Promoters Pledge Their Entire Stake At Bank
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani Gives Us A Jaw-dropping Moment With Her Red Lehenga At FDCI India Couture Week 2019
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Featuring 120Hz AMOLED Display Announced: Features, Specs, And More
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Honda Amaze 2018 launched in India: Honda has launched the new Amaze 2018 in the country with a starting price of Rs 5.59 lakh ex-showroom (India). The Honda Amaze 2018 was first unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Amaze features an all-new design language inspired by the Honda City.
Honda Amaze 2018 Prices And Variants
The new Honda Amaze 2018 is available in four trim levels: E, S, V and VX. The prices for the petrol model starts at Rs 5.59 lakh and the prices for the diesel model start at Rs 6.69 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India). Below is the detailed pricing of the new Honda Amaze 2018.
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (India).
Honda Amaze 2018 Engine And Specifications
The new Honda Amaze 2018 draws power from the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 89bhp at 6,000rpm and 110Nm of torque at 4,800rpm, while the diesel engine churns out 99bhp at 3,600rpm and 200Nm of torque at 1,500rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a CVT gearbox.
The power output of the diesel engine reduces slightly when it is paired with the CVT gearbox. The diesel-CVT combo of the new Amaze produces 79bhp and 160Nm of torque.
The new Honda Amaze 2018 is based on a all-new platform and the kerb weight of the compact sedan stands between 905kg and 1,039kg. The new Amaze is lighter than the previous model.
The new amaze has also grown is dimension and is 5mm longer and 15mm wider as opposed to the outgoing model.However, the overall length remains under four-metre.
Honda Amaze 2018 Mileage
The new Honda Amaze 2018 delivers a claimed mileage of 19.5kpl and 27.8kpl for the manual petrol and diesel engine, respectively. The CVT petrol and diesel variant will return a claimed mileage of 19kpl and 23.8kpl, respectively.
Honda Amaze 2018 Design, Interior And Features
The new Honda Amaze sports an all-new design with a new front and rear end. The front fascia of the new Amaze features a prominent chrome strip on the front grille. The compact sedan also gets new angular headlamp with LED position lamps and a redesigned bumper with fog lamp housing.
The side profile of the 2018 Honda Amaze features a shoulder line connecting the headlamps and tail light cluster. The new Amaze is equipped with newly designed 15-inch alloy wheels.
The rear end of the new Amaze gets a new C-shaped split tail light cluster and a chrome strip running across the boot.
The Honda Amaze 2018 is offered in five colour options: Radiant Red, White Orchid Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Golden Brown Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic.
The interior of the second-gen Amaze features a dual-tone theme similar to the outgoing model. The interior also gets a 7-inch Digipad 2.0 touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a new instrument cluster with MID. Honda also offers paddle shifter for the petrol CVT model.
The Honda Amaze 2018 comes loaded with features such as power folding and adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, LED DRLs, engine start/stop button, automatic climate control, cruise control, steering-mounted controls, day/night IRVM and shark fin antenna.
The safety features of the new Honda Amaze include dual front airbags, ABS and EBD and rear parking sensors as standard across all the variants. Other safety features include ISOFIX child seat mounts, central locking, front fog lamps and rear defogger.
Thoughts On The Honda Amaze 2018
The second generation Honda Amaze is a brand new car with premium design elements and features. The biggest USP of the new Amaze is the CVT gearbox on both the petrol and diesel model.
The new Amaze is an excellent compact sedan in the Indian market for the price it demands. The new Amaze rival the likes of Maruti Dzire, Hyundai Xcent, Ford Aspire and the Volkswagen Ameo.