- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 13 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 13 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Ahead of crucial trust vote, all odds against Karnataka government
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The all-new Honda Amaze was recently launched in the Indian market. The latest offering from Honda Cars India has now surpassed the sales of the City sedan. The Honda Amaze has registered sales of 9,789 units in the month of May 2018.
The Amaze registered the highest ever monthly sales number for single Honda model. The sales of the Honda Amaze helped the Japanese car maker register a 41 percent growth in the market for the month of May 2018.
Rajesh Goel, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, Honda Cars India, stated, "During last month, we prioritized Amaze production volumes to cater to the strong customer demand. We are confident that we will continue with our sales momentum in coming months."
He further added, "The customers have appreciated the car for its one class above offering of unmatched bold design, sophisticated & spacious interiors, advanced engine technology and outstanding driving dynamics."
The all-new Honda Amaze comes with a host of exterior and interior updates. The Amaze is based on an all-new platform, making it 5mm longer and 15mm wider than the previous model. However, the overall length still remains under the four-metre mark.
The new 2018 Amaze is also lighter than the previous model. The new sedan now has a kerb weight between 905 and 1,039kg.
The new Honda Amaze carries forward the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. The petrol engine produces 89bhp and 110Nm of torque. While the diesel engine churns out 99bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both engines come are mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT gearbox. However, the CVT-diesel engine combination produces 20bhp and 40Nm of torque less than the manual version.
The 2018 Honda Amaze comes in four variants, each of them loaded with features. Some of the features include power folding adjustable ORVMs, LED DRLs, engine start/stop button, cruise control, steering mounted control and automatic climate control.
Also Read: 2018 Honda Amaze Variants In Detail
Thoughts On The Honda Amaze Sales For May 2018
The all-new Honda Amaze comes with a starting price of Rs 5.59 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The sub-four-metre sedan competes against the likes of the Maruti Dzire, Ford Aspire, Volkswagen Ameo and the Hyundai Xcent.