TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The new Honda Amaze was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The new Amaze gets a complete design change as compared to the outgoing model. Based on an all-new platform, the compact sedan feels more premium than the current model.
The exteriors of the new Honda Amaze borrows its design from its larger sibling, the Honda city. The sedan features sharper angles and a much bolder design with an aggressive flat hood. The car also gets a new Chrome grille with the Honda logo at its centre. New angular headlamps integrated with LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) flank the front grille on either side.
The new Amaze now comes with a set of larger 15-inch alloy wheels. The rear of the car gets a thick chrome strip running along the boot, and is integrated with the C-shaped LED tail lights. The rear also features a prominent spoiler on the boot lid.
The new platform on the 2018 Honda Amaze is much wider than the outgoing model, which translates to a more spacious cabin. The interiors on the new Amaze receives a dual-tone dashboard with a beige and black theme.
Other features on the interiors include a touchscreen infotainment system, touch buttons for the climate control, steering mounted controls, cruise control, keyless entry, start/stop button and reverse parking camera with sensors.
The 2018 Honda Amaze will carry forward the same set of engines as on the current model. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine.
The petrol engine produces 88bhp with 109Nm of torque, while the diesel engine churns out 100bhp with 200Nm of torque.
Transmission option includes a five-speed manual, a six-speed manual and CVT gearbox. The new CVT transmission on the Amaze comes with paddle shifters, which is a segment-first.
Also Read: New Honda Amaze Key Features Revealed Ahead Of Launch
Thoughts On The New 2018 Honda Amaze India Launch
The new Honda Amaze 2018 takes on rivals such as the Hyundai Xcent, Maruti Dzire and the Tata Tigor. The compact sedan offering from Honda comes with a range of features (certain segment-first ones as well), which will give stiff competition to its rivals. Prices for the 2018 Honda Amaze can be expected to be between the Rs 5.5 - 9 lakh range, ex-showroom.