- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Concept Showcased At Indonesia — All Specs And Details
- 1 hr ago BS-VI Compliant Tata Harrier Spied Testing — A Bunch Of Other Updates Expected As Well
- 2 hrs ago No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- 3 hrs ago Toyota’s Accessible People Mover To Debut At Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- News Curtailment on press freedom in Pakistan a matter of concern: US
- Finance Did You Know: Offline PF Claim Not Possible If Your Aadhaar And UAN Are Linked
- Technology Top LG Smartphones To Buy In India In 2019
- Movies The Lion King Box Office Day 1 Collection
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
The 2018 Ford EcoSport has been on sale in several global markets for quite some time. Now, NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) has revealed the safety ratings for the 2018 Ford EcoSport. The crash test was conducted with the front-wheel-drive and 4X4 variant of the EcoSport.
The 2018 Ford EcoSport scored an overall rating of 4-star in the frontal crash tests and 5-star in the side impact crash tests. But the compact SUV scored only 3-star in the resistance to rollover test. The 3-star rating is pretty low as most of the cars hardly get a rating of less than 4-star from NHTSA.
With the above safety ratings, the 2018 Ford EcoSport gets lower safety ratings than its rivals such as Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3 and Chevrolet Trax. All the cars scored an overall safety rating of 5-star and 4-star rollover rating. So, EcoSport is the only compact SUV to score 3-star safety rating in the rollover test.
The Ford EcoSport has been on sale since 2013 and the 2018 EcoSport was recently launched in the US markets. NHTSA has revealed that the front-wheel-drive variant of the EcoSport scored 3-stars in the rollover tests and the four-wheel-drive model scored 4-stars due to its higher kerb weight.
In the Indian market, Ford retails only the front-wheel-drive model. However, the four-wheel-drive EcoSport is manufactured in India for the export markets. Recently we had reported about the Ford EcoSport 4x4 variant spotted testing in India. So, Ford might introduce the four-wheel-drive variant of the compact SUV in India.
The 2018 Ford EcoSport comes equipped with safety features such as emergency brake assist system, rear parking camera and dual-airbags at the front, front and rear side airbags and driver and passenger knee airbags.
The 2018 Ford EcoSport misses out on latest safety features such as surround view cameras, parking sensors, forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking. The 2018 Ford EcoSport becomes the only compact SUV to score 3-star safety ratings in the rollover test.
Thoughts On The 2018 Ford EcoSport Crash Test Results
The 2018 Ford EcoSport is on sale in several global markets and emerging markets. The US-spec EcoSport scored low safety ratings for the rollover test compared to its rival compact SUVs. Apart from that the rest of the parameters were satisfactory. It would be interesting to see how the India-spec EcoSport performs in such a crash test.