TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe India-Launch Details: Mercedes-Benz has launched the new AMG S63 Coupe (C217) in India. The 3-door version of the current W222 S-Class is priced at Rs 2.55 crore ex-showroom (Delhi). Mercedes-Benz had only recently launched the insane performance sedan – the AMG E63 S, at Rs 1.50 crore ex-showroom (India).
The new S63 features the latest of Mercedes-Benz's ‘Sensual Purity' design language. Head of Design at Mercedes-Benz, Gorden Wagener, has tried to mix the sportiness of an AMG with the elegance of the S-Class, in the S63 Coupe.
The front profile looks similar to the latest AMG models, with the vertical slat grille, large air dams, carbon or black details and subtle chrome inserts. The bonnet and fenders have also got the extra mass to signify its AMG DNA.
Though being a 3-door, the side profile is quite long. The distinct character line and the bottom swage line adds to the visual drama. There is a chrome garnish at the bottom and around the windows. As mentioned earlier, the car has a blend of elegance and sportiness - the typical trait of a grand tourer.
At the rear, the car doesn't have the best of aesthetics. In fact, all the recent AMG Coupes have a rather ugly rear end. The rear windshield boundary seems out of place and the overall profile looks very much rounded. However, if we take the individual details such as the quad exhausts, the LED tail lamps and the vents on the bumper, there is quite some attention to detail.
The S63 Coupe comes with 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels as standard.
On the inside, the S63 Coupe has got all the latest Mercedes technologies and luxuries. The dashboard looks similar to the S-Class sedan with the dual 12.3-inch displays for the instrument console and the infotainment. The seats are made from the best-quality Nappa leather and are available with a host of colour, material and stitching choices. The interiors get almost 300 LED units to create the sense of occasion. There are also 64 colour options for the ambient illumination.
Other features include:
- Optional premium Burmester Surround audio system
- 12-way adjustable front seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Heated, cooled & massaging seats
- Chiller box at the rear
- Numerous trim customisation options including carbon fibre inlays
- Remote start via Mercedes Me mobile app
Though not the most spacious or leg-friendly, the rear seats can fit two average-sized adults with relative ease. But due to the coupe design, headroom will be a problem for some.
Powering the S63 AMG Coupe is a 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 that makes 610bhp and 900Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi-Clutch Transmission) that sends power to the rear wheels.
The Coupe can hit 100km/h from a standstill in just 3.5 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 300km/h.
Being a top-of-the-line Mercedes, there's also no compromise on safety either. The car gets all the assists and safety equipment one would ever need. Below are some of them:
- DISTRONIC+ semi-autonomous mode
- Assists for blind spot, lane change, steering, parking etc,.
- 10 airbags
- Surround-view camera
- Optional night vision
- Pre-Safe (reduces the effects of an impending collision)
- Car-to-X communications (enables cars with the system to communicate with each other)
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 Coupe
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 Coupe is a car made for those who seek the perfect balance between performance and luxury. The car is everything an S-Class stands for, while hiding the performance capabilities of an AMG in an elegant package. The S-Class Coupe rivals the grand tourers such as the Aston Martin DB11. The car is also a benchmark for the upcoming BMW 8 Series Coupe to surpass.