- 3 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 With Dual-Channel ABS To Be Launched Soon; Prices Set To Increase Again
- 19 hrs ago Next-Gen Skoda Octavia Spotted Testing Without Camouflage: Launching In India Soon
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors To Set Up Vehicle Scrapyards In India: Four Scrapyards Planned Initially
- 22 hrs ago Next-Gen Royal Enfield Classic 350 Digital Instrument Cluster & Tripper Navigation Revealed In Spy Video
- Movies Vishnu Vishal And Jwala Gutta To Tie The Knot On April 22, Couple To Have A Registered Wedding
- Sports IPL 2021: Rohit Sharma on maintenance work needed for lower body, hamstring
- News Thirteen sates have not reported any COVID-19 deaths in last 24 hours
- Technology Mavenir Brings AI-On-5G Hyperconverged Edge Solution; How Will It Benefit Enterprises?
- Finance High Dividend Yield Stocks May Not Be The Right Choice: Here's Why
- Lifestyle Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe India-Launch Details: Mercedes-Benz has launched the new AMG S63 Coupe (C217) in India. The 3-door version of the current W222 S-Class is priced at Rs 2.55 crore ex-showroom (Delhi). Mercedes-Benz had only recently launched the insane performance sedan – the AMG E63 S, at Rs 1.50 crore ex-showroom (India).
The new S63 features the latest of Mercedes-Benz's ‘Sensual Purity' design language. Head of Design at Mercedes-Benz, Gorden Wagener, has tried to mix the sportiness of an AMG with the elegance of the S-Class, in the S63 Coupe.
The front profile looks similar to the latest AMG models, with the vertical slat grille, large air dams, carbon or black details and subtle chrome inserts. The bonnet and fenders have also got the extra mass to signify its AMG DNA.
Though being a 3-door, the side profile is quite long. The distinct character line and the bottom swage line adds to the visual drama. There is a chrome garnish at the bottom and around the windows. As mentioned earlier, the car has a blend of elegance and sportiness - the typical trait of a grand tourer.
At the rear, the car doesn't have the best of aesthetics. In fact, all the recent AMG Coupes have a rather ugly rear end. The rear windshield boundary seems out of place and the overall profile looks very much rounded. However, if we take the individual details such as the quad exhausts, the LED tail lamps and the vents on the bumper, there is quite some attention to detail.
The S63 Coupe comes with 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels as standard.
On the inside, the S63 Coupe has got all the latest Mercedes technologies and luxuries. The dashboard looks similar to the S-Class sedan with the dual 12.3-inch displays for the instrument console and the infotainment. The seats are made from the best-quality Nappa leather and are available with a host of colour, material and stitching choices. The interiors get almost 300 LED units to create the sense of occasion. There are also 64 colour options for the ambient illumination.
Other features include:
- Optional premium Burmester Surround audio system
- 12-way adjustable front seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Heated, cooled & massaging seats
- Chiller box at the rear
- Numerous trim customisation options including carbon fibre inlays
- Remote start via Mercedes Me mobile app
Though not the most spacious or leg-friendly, the rear seats can fit two average-sized adults with relative ease. But due to the coupe design, headroom will be a problem for some.
Powering the S63 AMG Coupe is a 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 that makes 610bhp and 900Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT (Multi-Clutch Transmission) that sends power to the rear wheels.
The Coupe can hit 100km/h from a standstill in just 3.5 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 300km/h.
Being a top-of-the-line Mercedes, there's also no compromise on safety either. The car gets all the assists and safety equipment one would ever need. Below are some of them:
- DISTRONIC+ semi-autonomous mode
- Assists for blind spot, lane change, steering, parking etc,.
- 10 airbags
- Surround-view camera
- Optional night vision
- Pre-Safe (reduces the effects of an impending collision)
- Car-to-X communications (enables cars with the system to communicate with each other)
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 Coupe
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG S63 Coupe is a car made for those who seek the perfect balance between performance and luxury. The car is everything an S-Class stands for, while hiding the performance capabilities of an AMG in an elegant package. The S-Class Coupe rivals the grand tourers such as the Aston Martin DB11. The car is also a benchmark for the upcoming BMW 8 Series Coupe to surpass.