TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Launched In India: Mercedes-Benz has launched the new 2018 E63 S AMG in India at Rs 1.50 crore ex-showroom (Delhi). The Mercedes-AMG E63 S is the most powerful AMG in the country. The performance saloon was launched at the Buddh International Circuit where journalists were allowed to do two fast laps around the track.
Titled as ‘The Most Powerful E-Class Ever', the Mercedes-AMG E63 S is powered by a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 that makes 612bhp and 850Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT automatic transmission.
Power is sent to all four wheels via Mercedes-Benz's 4Matic+ AWD system. The all-wheel-drive system of the Mercedes-AMG E63 S can also be switched to just rear-wheel-drive.
Or, in short, the saloon has got an actual 'Drift mode'.
To reduce turbo lag, AMG has placed the biturbo* units in between the two cylinder heads (In between the ‘V-shape' of the engine).
*A biturbo engine makes use of two equally-sized turbochargers while a twin-turbo unit has got a smaller turbo for lower RPMs and a larger turbo for higher RPMs. In practice, biturbo gives more boost with higher turbo lag and a twin-turbo setup gives lesser boost, but with lower turbo lag.
The Mercedes-AMG E63 S can do a 0-100km/h sprint in just 3.3 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 250km/h, but you can opt the ‘AMG Driver's Package' which can increase it to 300km/h.
What is even more interesting is that the AMG E63 S is quicker than the flagship Mercedes supercar, the AMG GT R.
To improve fuel-efficiency, Mercedes has also equipped the AMG E63 S with cylinder deactivation. The system cuts power to cylinders 2, 3, 4 and 8 during light-load conditions such a highway cruising and coasting.
Inside, the E63 S offers high levels of luxury and comfort, along with an abundance of technology. The car gets dual 12.5-inch displays; one for the instrument console and the other for the infotainment.
Here are some of the other features available in the E63 S:
- AMG Performance seats
- Seat heating and cooling
- Three-zone climate control
- Burmester audio system
- Four Driving Modes: Comfort, Sport, Sport+ & Race
- Nine airbags
- Numerous driver assist systems
- Carbon-fibre elements inside and outside
The Mercedes-AMG E63 S currently rivals the BMW M5, Maserati Quattroporte GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo and the Audi RS6 which has a league of its own.
To know more, you can check out the Top Things That Make The Mercedes-AMG E63 S, An Insane Sedan.
Thoughts On The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E 63 S
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz E63 S AMG is presently the most insane AMG model you can buy in India. AMG models have always been about outright performance and character. The Mercedes AMG E63 S, with the comfort, luxury and practicality of a saloon, has taken it to the next level.