TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has crossed 3,00,000 units in sales in India. This makes it the fastest-selling SUV in the country. The SUV has achieved this milestone in just 28 months since its launch.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was launched in India back in March 2016. The company recently updated the SUV, with an AMT gearbox. According to Maruti, the AMT version of the Vitara Brezza itself accounts for over 23 percent of sales in May 2018.
The Vitara Brezza SUV has an average monthly sales of around 12,600 units, for the past five months. This translated to a 25 percent increase in sales from last year. The top contributors are the top-end ‘Z' and ‘'Z+' variant. Both the variants together account for 56 percent of the total sales.
R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki stated, "Vitara Brezza is a breakthrough product, which created disruption in the SUV market. With its sporty and glamorous traits, Vitara Brezza continues to be the most loved SUV despite several new entrants into the segment."
He further added, "The contribution of the top variants in the total sales of Vitara Brezza has zoomed to 56%. This is a testimony to the fact that customers appreciated the refreshed design and innovative features in Vitara Brezza. The Auto Gear Shift has enticed the aspiration of ever-evolving customers."
The high-volume sales of the Vitara Brezza have helped Maruti Suzuki overtake Mahindra as the largest UV maker in India. The company has sold 2,53,759 units of the SUV in FY2018. The market share of the Vitara Brezza has grown from 25.69 to 27.53 percent.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is the best-selling SUV in the Indian market currently. The Vitara Brezza SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 7.52 Lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza takes on rivals such as the Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon.