- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Previously, we had reported about Maruti Suzuki considering the Swift RS for the Indian market. The Maruti Swift RS will be the sporty version of the new Swift that was launched at the Auto Expo 2018 in February. Now, GaadiWaadi reports that the Maruti Swift RS could be launched in India in March 2019.
Maruti Suzuki already retails the Baleno RS in the Indian market and the Swift RS will be the second performance hatchback from the Indian manufacturer. The performance hatchback segment in India is growing rapidly with the introduction of new cars in the market.
The recent addition to the list is the Tata Tiago JTP. The Maruti Swift RS will be a fitting rival for the Tiago JTP. But, we can expect the Swift RS to be slightly expensive than the Tiago JTP that is priced at Rs 6.39 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Swift RS is expected to feature cosmetic and mechanical updates.
On the design front, the new Maruti Swift RS is expected to feature a sporty front bumper, side skirts and a roof-mounted spoiler. The Maruti Swift RS will also get attractive graphics to enhance looks of the performance-oriented hatchback.
The new Maruti Swift RS will draw power from the existing 998cc three-cylinder, turbocharged, Boosterjet petrol engine that is tuned to produce 101bhp and 150Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox delivering power to the front wheels.
The interior of the new Maruti Swift RS could feature an all-black theme, sporty seats, aluminium pedals and RS branding on the seats and floor mats. Other updates on the new Maruti Swift RS include larger alloy wheels, disc brakes on all four wheels, and a retuned suspension for improved handling.
Thoughts On The Maruti Swift RS
Maruti Suzuki is working on the new Swift RS for the Indian market and we can expect the sporty hatchback to hit the Indian roads in 2019. The Maruti Swift is one of the best-selling hatchbacks in the Indian market and the Swift RS could be a game-changing product in the performance hatchback segment. The Maruti Swift RS will rival the likes of Tata Tiago JTP, Fiat Punto Abarth and Volkswagen Polo GT.