- 2 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 19 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 20 hrs ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 20 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Colors TV & Naagin 3 Witness Drop; Kasautii Zindagii Kay Climbs Up On TRP Chart!
- News AIIMS jobs: All you need to know about AIIMS recruitment of senior residents; How to apply
- Sports Three takeaways from Golden State's comeback win over Portland
- Technology How to hide and encrypt your files on any OnePlus smartphone using Lockbox
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Education Gujarat Board 10th Result 2019 To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
2019 Suzuki Vitara India-Launch Details: Suzuki has started the production of their latest India-bound premium five-seater SUV — the Maruti Suzuki Vitara — at the brand's facility in Hungary. The new Suzuki Vitara was spotted testing numerous times on our roads while some have even managed to click it from Maruti dealerships.
The latest version of the Suzuki Vitara brings minor updates to the present global model but showcases a major overhaul when compared to the Maruti Grand Vitara, sold till a few years back in India. As the name suggests, the current Vitara Brezza compact-SUV is loosely related to the Suzuki Vitara.
The supposed Maruti Vitara is expected to launch in India by the second quarter of 2019. Once launched, it will take on the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the soon-to-be-launched Nissan Kicks. For the same reason, the expected price of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara is around Rs 12 – 15 lakh ex-showroom (the discontinued Grand Vitara retailed between Rs 15 – 22 lakh ex-showroom and was a market failure).
The new Suzuki Vitara gets a redesigned front grille and bumper, 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, LED elements in the lights and a black roof. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara reportedly comes only in two colour shades: Solar Yellow Pearl Metallic and Grey Metallic.
Interiors of the global variant shown; features may vary on the Indian version
Inside, the new Maruti Vitara will showcase a rather premium cabin layout including a touchscreen infotainment system. A host of passenger and pedestrian safety features will also be equipped in the vehicle. It is only recently when the government announced their concern about pedestrian safety.
The global-spec Vitara is powered by either a 1.0-litre (109bhp | 170Nm) or 1.4-litre (138bhp | 220Nm) turbocharged petrol unit. However, the India-spec Maruti Vitara might not come with these engine choices but with both petrol and diesel engine options. An all-wheel-drive variant is also expected at a later stage.
The petrol engine should be the same as on the new Maruti Ciaz. The 1.5-litre K15 mild-hybrid engine makes 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
The diesel engine, on the other hand, could most likely be the old 1.6-litre unit from the previous-generation Maruti S-Cross. It made 118bhp and 320Nm of torque and came with a 6-speed manual.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara
The Maruti Vitara is currently one of the most anticipated models from the legendary Indian car manufacturer. While the previous Grand Vitara witnessed a poor response on the market due to its steep pricing, the new Vitara could be just the opposite. It is high time that Maruti needs to address their lack of presence in the premium sub-20-lakh SUV segment and the Vitara could just be their trump card.