TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
The international-spec Suzuki Swift has been awarded the runner-up trophy at the 2018 World Car of the Year awards announced at the ongoing New York International Auto Show. The Suzuki Swift won the runner-up award in the Urban Car category, with the new Volkswagen Polo securing the top spot.
The third-generation of the Maruti Suzuki Swift which went on sale in India last month, has already garnered over 75,000 bookings within the first two months of its launch. Increasing the waiting period for over two months in certain cities.
The new swift has received a complete transformation over the old generation in terms of design. The hatchback now comes with a new hexagonal front grille, with the swept back design of the projector headlights with LED DRLs flanking either side of the front grille.
The car receives a sloping roof with a blacked out C-pillar, providing the illusion of a floating roof.
The rear profile of the Swift gets a smaller set of tail lights with a C- shaped LED signature lighting elements.
The new 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift, comes with a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine options. The petrol engine produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque, while the diesel engine churns out 74bhp and 190Nm of torque.
Both engines are mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT gearbox. Maruti is also planning to introduce a 6-speed gearbox in the future on its entire lineup starting with the new Swift.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Swift Winning The Runner-up Award For The World Car Of The Year 2018
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is one of the most successful hatchbacks in India. With prices starting from Rs 4.99 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the all-new Swift is facing a demand greater than the supply. All this within the first two months of its launch.