- 11 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 11 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 12 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News Shahdat is our goal: NIA raids at 10 locations in TN, unearths major evidence
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 12: A Terrific Day For The Mahesh Babu Starrer
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The company first launched the Baleno back in 2015. The hatchback was an instant hit in the Indian market, with demand growing rapidly for the hatchback. At one point after the car's launch, the Baleno even commanded a waiting period of nine months.
The Baleno even now manages to have a strong demand in the Indian market. Maruti Suzuki has managed to sell over 450,000 units of the Baleno since its launch in the Indian market.
To meet the demands, the company has decided to increase production of the premium hatchback. Maruti Suzuki also hopes that the increase in production will help reduce the overall waiting period for customers.
R.S. Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki said, "The high demand for Baleno since its launch is a testimony of our best in class technology, design and customer experience. The availability of Baleno got a boost with the Suzuki Motor Gujarat plant operating at its full capacity of 2.5 Lakh units annually."
He further stated, "We are confident that with increased production of Baleno we will be able to enhance the car ownership experience of our NEXA customers. With improved availability, the average monthly sales of Baleno has touched around 18,000 units in the past 8 months, as compared to an average of around 14,000 units in the Jan'17-Aug'17 period."
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India. It is also the first product from the brand to be exported to Japan from India. The Baleno has also been received well in global markets such as Australia, Europe and Latin America among others.
In India, the Baleno comes with two engine options: 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre turbocharged diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 83bhp and 115Nm of torque and the diesel engine churns out 75bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. While the petrol version also gets an optional AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been one of top selling cars in the premium hatchback segment in India. The car is priced between Rs 5.35 and Rs 8.49 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). In India, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno takes on rivals such as the Hyundai i20 Elite, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo.