- 11 min ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 41 min ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- 1 hr ago New Mahindra Thar May Feature AMT Transmission — Launch Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz E-Class Long Wheelbase Launched In India — Prices, Specs, Features & Details
- Lifestyle How To Choose The Right Hair Parting Based On Your Face Shape
- News If result in line with exit polls, EVM allegations would lose 'non-existent rationale': Jaitley
- Finance Govt To Divest 25% In RailTel; Will Initiate IPO
- Movies Anil Kapoor: People Were Shocked With My Choice Of Doing Female-Fronted Films
- Technology Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- Sports Is England-Pakistan ODI series an indication of what World Cup 2019 will be like?
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
We have already reported about Maruti Suzuki launching the CNG variant of the Dzire Tour S compact sedan. Now, TeamBHP has got hold of the price of the Dzire Tour S CNG. The new Dzire Tour S CNG will be priced at Rs 5.97 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is a taxi version of the Dzire, and it is based on the second-gen model. The production of the Dzire Tour S CNG has already commenced, and the deliveries will begin from the second half of April 2018. The CNG variant will be introduced once the stock of the petrol variants are cleared.
The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG will be available in at least three colour options which include Pearl Metallic Arctic White, Metallic Silky Silver and Midnight Black. The Dzire Tour CNG will be introduced in NCR region and other cities where there is demand for CNG cars.
The new Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG will draw power from a 1.2-litre flex-fuel engine which runs on both petrol and CNG. The engine produces 83bhp while running on petrol and the power drops to 70.4bhp when running on CNG. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is also available with a 1.3-litre diesel engine producing 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Apart from the flex-fuel engine, there are no changes done to the taxi version of the compact sedan.
The operating cost of the Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG will be lesser as compared to the petrol and diesel variants. CNG also produces less pollution. The only drawback is it needs to refilled frequently as the CNG tank size is smaller as compared to the normal fuel tank.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG
The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG will be a better option for taxi operators as the running cost will be lesser than that of the petrol and diesel models. The CNG variant also produces less pollution. The Dzire Tour is already popular among cab operators, and the CNG variant will also be a hit.