- 12 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 12 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 13 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News Situation under control, but Pak attempting anti-India activity says Army
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 12: A Terrific Day For The Mahesh Babu Starrer
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti CNG cars in India have made a new sales milestone, by crossing five lakh units. This figure accounts for almost 15 per cent of the total CNG vehicle sales in the country, from April to November 2018.
Maruti Suzuki first introduced cars with factory-fitted CNG powertrain, dubbed as i-GPI technology, back in 2010. Now, the company offers a CNG option in seven models, namely: Alto 800, Alto K10, WagonR, Celerio, Dzire, Eeco and Super Carry (the brand's only commercial vehicle).
Among the currently-offered CNG models, the Maruti WagonR sells the most. The Maruti WagonR features a unique compact tall boy design and is an ideal choice in urban areas. Maruti WagonR CNG variants are highly preferred by fleet operators.
Even the newly-launched Maruti Ertiga will soon come with a CNG option. Prior to that, dealerships are also offering CNG as an accessory for the existing petrol variants of the Ertiga.
The demand for CNG variants is mainly due to the low running costs and the improved fuel economy. However, the downsides are reduced performance and boot capacity (a good amount of space is taken in some cars by the CNG storage tank).
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO of Maruti Suzuki shared, "We are happy that over 500,000 customers have selected factory-fitted CNG vehicles that are cleaner, reliable, safer and environment-friendly. The benefit of low cost of ownership comes along with environment-friendly fuel option of CNG. The government's resolve to rapidly expand countrywide CNG will enable many more customers to own an environment-friendly transport."
Thoughts On The Sales Milestone Of Maruti CNG Cars
Maruti Suzuki claims that their CNG products are most popular in the Capital and states such as Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. In 2018-19 alone, sales of Maruti CNG cars have increased by over 50 per cent. The brand's CNG car sales network spans to over 150 cities across India.