TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Mahindra & Mahindra revealed its new premium SUV based on the Ssangyong Rexton at the Auto Expo 2018. The SUV has been spotted on Indian roads and it could be named as XUV700. Ahead of that, the company has showcased the new flagship SUV with Y400 moniker.
The new Mahindra Y400 was showcased at the Annual General Meeting of Mahindra. The model showcased looks like the production version of the SUV. The front fascia of the SUV gets a chrome slat grille, a prominent chrome strip running across the grille, newly designed headlamp and LED DRLs.
The Mahindra XUV700 or the Y400 retains the bumper design of the Rexton with an identical tail light cluster. The SUV is equipped with newly designed sporty alloy wheels. Apart from that the overall design of the Mahindra XUV700 closely resembles the design of the Rexton.
The Mahindra Y400 will be offered with a seven-seater configuration and the cabin will be spacious. The interior will be premium with all the bells and whistles and will also feature leather seat upholstery. The SUV will be equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Image Courtesy: CNBC-TV18
The safety features of the Mahindra XUV700 is likely to include nine airbags, ABS, EBD, electric parking brake, hill descent control, rear windscreen defogger, speed sensitive steering wheel, engine immobiliser and active rollover protection. The Mahindra Y400 will a feature-rich SUV in the Indian market.
The Mahindra XUV700 is expected to draw power from a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine that produces 187bhp and 420Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox. The flagship SUV from Mahindra will take on the Toyota Fortuner SUV in the country.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV700 SUV
The XUV700 or the Y400 will be a premium full-size SUV from the stable of Indian automaker. The SUV is based on the Ssangyong Rexton and it is basically a rebadged version of the Rexton. With the booming SUV segment in India, the pricing will be a key factor for the success of XUV700 in the Indian market.