- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra & Mahindra revealed its new premium SUV based on the Ssangyong Rexton at the Auto Expo 2018. The SUV has been spotted on Indian roads and it could be named as XUV700. Ahead of that, the company has showcased the new flagship SUV with Y400 moniker.
The new Mahindra Y400 was showcased at the Annual General Meeting of Mahindra. The model showcased looks like the production version of the SUV. The front fascia of the SUV gets a chrome slat grille, a prominent chrome strip running across the grille, newly designed headlamp and LED DRLs.
The Mahindra XUV700 or the Y400 retains the bumper design of the Rexton with an identical tail light cluster. The SUV is equipped with newly designed sporty alloy wheels. Apart from that the overall design of the Mahindra XUV700 closely resembles the design of the Rexton.
The Mahindra Y400 will be offered with a seven-seater configuration and the cabin will be spacious. The interior will be premium with all the bells and whistles and will also feature leather seat upholstery. The SUV will be equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Image Courtesy: CNBC-TV18
The safety features of the Mahindra XUV700 is likely to include nine airbags, ABS, EBD, electric parking brake, hill descent control, rear windscreen defogger, speed sensitive steering wheel, engine immobiliser and active rollover protection. The Mahindra Y400 will a feature-rich SUV in the Indian market.
The Mahindra XUV700 is expected to draw power from a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine that produces 187bhp and 420Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox. The flagship SUV from Mahindra will take on the Toyota Fortuner SUV in the country.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV700 SUV
The XUV700 or the Y400 will be a premium full-size SUV from the stable of Indian automaker. The SUV is based on the Ssangyong Rexton and it is basically a rebadged version of the Rexton. With the booming SUV segment in India, the pricing will be a key factor for the success of XUV700 in the Indian market.