- 8 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Mahindra showcased the new-gen SsangYong G4 Rexton SUV at the Auto Expo 2018 which will be sold as a Mahindra-badged product in the Indian market. To be slotted above the XUV500, the full-size seven-seater SUV could be called as XUV700 when it is launched in the country.
Now, Rushlane has spotted the Mahindra XUV700 in India without any disguise. The spotted Mahindra XUV700 is finished in silver colour, and the badging has been masked. The full-size premium SUV is based on the Quad-Frame platform which gives high structural strength and low body weight.
The Mahindra XUV700 will be a seven-seater SUV with three rows, and the interior will be spacious and luxurious. The SUV will get reclining and massage seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone automatic climate control, electric sunroof and much more.
The second row of the Mahindra XUV700 features an integrated communication system with a 10.1-inch centre console display and 9.2-inch monitor on each headrest. The communication system is complemented by WiFi connectivity, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The Mahindra XUV700 draws power from a 2.2-litre Euro VI diesel engine churning out 178bhp and 420Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic gearbox.
Mahindra could also offer an all-new 2-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 222bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The new Mahindra XUV700 is loaded with a host of safety features such as nine airbags, advanced emergency braking (AEBS) blind spot detection, lane departure warning; lane change assist, high beam assist and traffic safety assist.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV700
The new flagship offering from the stable of Mahindra is a rebadged SsangYong G4 Rexton and will be a full-size premium SUV. The brand name for the all-new SUV is not yet revealed, but as it will be slotted above XUV500, we expect it to be called as XUV700.
Expect the Mahindra XUV700 to be priced around Rs 25 lakh. When launched, the full-size SUV will lock horns with the likes of Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner.