TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Mahindra has introduced a new variant of the Scorpio in the Indian market. The new S9 variant sits just below the top-spec S11 trim and comes with a host of new features and equipment, borrowed from the top-end model.
The new Mahindra Scorpio S9 variant is priced at Rs 13.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new variant will be available across all Mahindra dealerships around India, with immediate effect.
Veejay Ram Nakra, Chief of Sales and Marketing, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. stated, "Scorpio changed the landscape of the Indian Auto Industry & continues to be a dominant force in the SUV segment."
"The new Scorpio S9 offers a great feature package at an attractive price point making it a compelling buy for customers looking for a true-blue SUV while retaining Scorpio's core DNA of Power, Driving Thrill & Adventure."
The new S9 variant introduced in the lineup comes feature-packed. Some of the new features on the Mahindra Scorpio S9: static-bending projector headlamps, front fog lamps, LED guide lights, hydraulic-assisted bonnet, Intellipark and ORVMs with integrated turn indicators.
Moving to the interiors, the Mahindra Scorpio comes with additional equipment such as a new 5.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system, GPS navigation in 10 languages, voice-assist system, fully automatic temperature control, along with audio and cruise control on the steering wheel.
The Mahindra Scorpio S9 variant, however, carries forward the same engine as on the other trims. This includes a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel mHawk engine producing 140bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission sending power to a four-wheel-drive system.
Safety features on the new Mahindra Scorpio S9 variant: dual-front airbags, ABS, Anti-theft warning, panic-brake indication and engine immobiliser. The SUV also comes with cushion suspension and anti-roll technologies.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Scorpio S9 Variant
The Mahindra Scorpio S9 variant is the latest addition to the model lineup in India. The new S9 variant is feature-packed with equipment borrowed from the top-spec trim. The Mahindra Scorpio takes on rivals such as the Tata Hexa in the Indian market. Mahindra is also ready to introduce its top-of-the-line flagship SUV, the Alturas on 24th November.