TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
The Mahindra S201 SUV's production name is set to reveal on December 19, 2018. As the Indian brand is readying to launch the SsangYong Tivoli-based compact-SUV, rumours suggest that it might be called the Mahindra XUV 300.
The Mahindra S201 has been spotted multiple times on Indian roads, and we have even managed to spot all the variants together. Till now, nobody has spotted the Tivoli in a non-camouflaged format and for the same reason, the exact design details of the Mahindra XUV 300 (supposedly) are not known.
Mahindra recently launched their new flagship product, the Alturas G4 (read our comprehensive review here), and it is also based on a SsangYong product — the fourth-generation Rexton. While a good majority expected the Alturas G4 to be called as the XUV 700, Mahindra chose to name it rather differently.
This makes us wonder if the new Mahindra S201 will be indeed called the XUV 300. Chances are low, but we will get a clearer picture in a few days time.
Not much is known about the Mahindra S201 as of now, but what we do know is that it will borrow a lot from the SsangYong Tivoli, This includes projector headlamps with LED DRLs, touchscreen infotainment system and a host of safety features.
From the images, it is sure that Mahindra is working on some lower variants of the S201, unlike those on offer with the SsangYong Tivoli. These variants might not have LED lighting systems, alloy wheels and even fog lamps (most of the spotted S201 test mules were like this).
Powering the new Mahindra S201 is a 1.5-litre diesel engine which does duty on the Mahindra Marazzo. In the Marazzo, it makes 128bhp and 320Nm of torque. Reports also suggest that a petrol-automatic variant is also in the plans while the diesel engine makes do with a five-speed manual.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra S201 (or XUV 300)
The Mahindra S201, once launched, will compete in one of the most competitive segments in India, dominated by the likes of the Maruti Brezza, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport. Being based on a global product, the Mahindra S201 will be a premium package and Mahindra's localisation will help keep the costs low.