- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Bhuvneshwar goes off injured and replacement Shankar strikes first ball
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra & Mahindra is readying its new compact-SUV based on the Ssangyong Tivoli (codenamed as S201). Now, DriveSpark reader Jithesh Jagadeesan has spotted the Mahindra S201 in Mettupalayam, Ooty. Mahindra is testing three models of the S201 which seem to be different variants of the SUV.
The spotted Mahindra S201 is finished in a heavily camouflaged livery and is equipped with production headlamps and tail lights. The compact-SUV features a tall design with a boxy front-end. The front fascia gets wraparound headlights with halogen units on the base variant, while the top trims might get projector headlamps with LED DRLs, once they hit production.
The rear profile of the Mahindra S201 features a slightly raked windshield, LED tail light cluster, a high-set stop lamp and reflectors on either side of the bumper. The S201 also gets roof rails which aid the looks of the SUV. The Mahindra S201 test-mule is equipped with steel wheels but we expect the production model to get alloy wheels.
The Mahindra S201 SUV is expected to draw power from a new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. The diesel variant of the SUV is likely to get the 1.5-litre engine which made its debut on the Marazzo MPV. But the diesel engine will be detuned to suit the characteristics of the SUV.
Expect the interiors of the Mahindra S201 to feature a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control and premium seat upholstery. If the reports are to be believed, the Mahindra S201 might also get a sunroof. Overall, the interiors will be premium with all the bells and whistles.
The Mahindra S201 is expected to be introduced with a host of standard safety features such as dual airbags, ABS and EBD. Other safety equipment might include reverse parking sensors and a reverse parking camera.
Thoughts On The Mahindra S201 SUV
Mahindra is expected to introduce the new compact-SUV on the Indian market by the end of this year. The Mahindra S201 will rival the likes of the Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon. Mahindra is also developing a Hyundai Creta-rival which is likely to hit the market by the end of 2018 or early 2019.