- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 7 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 8 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Weather forecast today: Heavy downpour likely in Kerala as Southwest monsoon advances
- Technology ZTE launches super affordable ZTE Blade A5 2019 with an 8 MP selfie camera
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra & Mahindra showcased the second-gen G4 Rexton at the 2018 Auto Expo in February. The SUV was recently spotted testing in India. Now, Autocar India reports that the Mahindra Rexton will be launched in India by this year's festive season.
Apart from the Rexton, Mahindra also plans to launch several other products in India which also includes the U321 MPV. It is said that the Mahindra Rexton could be branded as XUV700. The previous-gen Rexton was sold in India with SsangYong badging, whereas the second-gen model will come to India with Mahindra badging.
The Mahindra Rexton will not be a mere re-badged version of the globally sold SUV. The India-spec Rexton will feature Mahindra's grille design and some minor styling tweaks. The SUV will also get a revamped suspension and ride height to suit the Indian conditions.
The Mahindra Rexton is expected to draw power from a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 178bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox. The Rexton is likely to be offered with both two-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive options.
The Mahindra Rexton will be offered with a seven-seater configuration, and the cabin will be spacious with three-row seats. The interior of the SUV is expected to feature an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, reclining seats, automatic climate control and electric sunroof.
The safety features of the Mahindra Rexton will include nine airbags, advanced emergency braking (AEBS) blind spot detection, lane departure warning; lane change assist, high beam assist and traffic safety assist.
The report also states that the Mahindra Rexton will come to India via CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit and will be assembled at Mahindra's Chakan plant. The Rexton SUV will be a premium offering from Mahindra which is known for its lineup of SUVs in India.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Rexton
The Mahindra Rexton will be a premium SUV from the Indian automaker and it will rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Isuzu MU-X. Mahindra is expected to launch the Rexton with a price tag of around 22 lakh to Rs 27 lakh ex-showroom. The Rexton will be slightly tweaked to adapt to the Indian road conditions.