TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Mahindra & Mahindra recently launched the Marazzo MPV in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (India). The Mahindra Marazzo is only available with a manual gearbox. Mahindra also stated that the petrol variant of the Marazzo will be introduced when the BS-VI emission norms are implemented.
Now, Autocar India reports that the Mahindra Marazzo will get a 6-speed AMT gearbox. The report states that Mahindra & Mahindra is working with Magneti Marelli to develop a new AMT gearbox for the Marazzo MPV. Mahindra might also introduce the AMT gearbox with the petrol engine.
The Mahindra Marazzo draws power from an all-new 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 121bhp and 300Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox delivering power to the front wheels. Mahindra had also stated that the petrol variant will be launched at a later stage.
The Mahindra Marazzo features a shark-inspired design with shark teeth front grille and shark LED tail lights. Apart from that, the MPV also gets LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps and aggressively designed front bumper. The front fascia also gets black plastic cladding.
The interior of the Mahindra Marazzo features a dual-tone theme with black and beige colour treatment. The Marazzo is equipped with a host of features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, roof mounted AC vents with segment-first surround cooling technology, dual-pod instrument cluster with MID unit, a new three-spoke steering wheel and aircraft-style handbrake lever.
The Mahindra Marazzo also comes with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, disc brakes on all four wheels, ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts and impact sensitive door locks. The top-spec models also get rear parking sensors and camera, cornering lamps and segment-first emergency call. The Marazzo is offered in seven-seater and eight-seater variants.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Marazzo AMT
Mahindra & Mahindra is developing a new AMT gearbox for the Marazzo MPV and it is expected to be launched by 2020. Mahindra is likely to introduce the AMT gearbox with the petrol variant of the MPV. Expect a slight increase in the price when the Marazzo AMT is launched in the Indian market.