TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Mahindra & Mahindra recently launched the Marazzo MPV in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (India). The Mahindra Marazzo is only available with a manual gearbox. Mahindra also stated that the petrol variant of the Marazzo will be introduced when the BS-VI emission norms are implemented.
Now, Autocar India reports that the Mahindra Marazzo will get a 6-speed AMT gearbox. The report states that Mahindra & Mahindra is working with Magneti Marelli to develop a new AMT gearbox for the Marazzo MPV. Mahindra might also introduce the AMT gearbox with the petrol engine.
The Mahindra Marazzo draws power from an all-new 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 121bhp and 300Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox delivering power to the front wheels. Mahindra had also stated that the petrol variant will be launched at a later stage.
The Mahindra Marazzo features a shark-inspired design with shark teeth front grille and shark LED tail lights. Apart from that, the MPV also gets LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps and aggressively designed front bumper. The front fascia also gets black plastic cladding.
The interior of the Mahindra Marazzo features a dual-tone theme with black and beige colour treatment. The Marazzo is equipped with a host of features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, roof mounted AC vents with segment-first surround cooling technology, dual-pod instrument cluster with MID unit, a new three-spoke steering wheel and aircraft-style handbrake lever.
The Mahindra Marazzo also comes with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, disc brakes on all four wheels, ABS, ISOFIX child seat mounts and impact sensitive door locks. The top-spec models also get rear parking sensors and camera, cornering lamps and segment-first emergency call. The Marazzo is offered in seven-seater and eight-seater variants.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Marazzo AMT
Mahindra & Mahindra is developing a new AMT gearbox for the Marazzo MPV and it is expected to be launched by 2020. Mahindra is likely to introduce the AMT gearbox with the petrol variant of the MPV. Expect a slight increase in the price when the Marazzo AMT is launched in the Indian market.