TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to introduce a new variant of the KUV100 in the Indian market. Yes, the Mahindra KUV100 diesel-AMT will be launched soon in the country. Previously, we had reported about the Mahindra KUV100 AMT being spotted on Indian roads.
The Mahindra KUV100 was updated in October 2017 and the facelifted model was launched as KUV100 NXT. Now, the diesel variant of the KUV100 NXT will be introduced with an AMT gearbox. The petrol variant of the micro-SUV will continue to utilise the 5-speed manual gearbox.
The diesel-AMT variant of the KUV100 NXT will draw power from the same 1.2-litre engine that produces 77bhp and 190Nm of torque. Powering the petrol model is a 1.2-litre engine that is tuned to produce 82bhp and 115Nm of torque.
Mahindra will also update the KUV100 range to comply with the new crash test regulations which will come into effect from October 2019. Mahindra is also working on upgrading the engine to comply with the BS-VI emission norms that are set to be implemented from 2020.
Apart from the conventional KUV100, Mahindra will also introduce an electric version of the KUV100 named as eKUV100. Mahindra also showcased the eKUV100 at the Auto Expo 2018. The Mahindra eKUV100 utilises the same 30kW electric motor and lithium-ion battery pack which is seen on the eVerito.
Thoughts On The Mahindra KUV100 Diesel-AMT
The AMT gearbox is extremely popular among the entry-level cars. Now, Mahindra is all set to launch the KUV100 NXT diesel-AMT which will attract the urban buyers. Mahindra has made a good decision by opting to go with the diesel-AMT combination as it delivers an improved fuel efficiency.