TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Mahindra Alturas G4 K-NCAP (Korean) crash test video has been released. Sold as the Mahindra Inferno in certain global markets, the Alturas G4 has scored a five-star safety rating in the well-acclaimed crash test. Read our detailed review to know more about the new Mahindra Alturas G4.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is based on the fourth-generation SsangYong Rexton, and is currently the flagship product from the Indian automotive brand. Launched at a starting price of Rs 26.95 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the new Mahindra Alturas G4 packs a lot of features and equipment, especially in the safety department.
In last year's Korean New Car Assessment Program (K-NCAP), the SsangYong Rexton G4 was awarded a five-star safety rating. The Alturas G4, being essentially the same, showcases similar safety characteristics as the Rexton, without much surprise.
As mentioned before, the new Mahindra Alturas G4 comes with a host of safety features including nine airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Active Rollover Protection (ARP), Hill Start Assist (HSA), ABS+EBD+BAS, Hill Descent Control (HDC), ISOFIX child seat mounts and Emergency Stop Signal (ESS). These are all part of the standard equipment.
The Alturas G4 boasts of a ultra-high strength steel quad frame structure. In the K-NCAP safety test, the Mahindra SUV has undergone Frontal Crash Test, Side Impact Test, Offset Frontal Impact Test. Braking Test (wet and dry), Pedestrian Protection (legform and headform) and Seat Stability Test.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which makes 178bhp and 420Nm. The engine is mated to a Mercedes-sourced seven-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Alturas G4 K-NCAP Crash Test
The Mahindra Alturas G4 has set a new benchmark for the brand and also its rivals in terms of pricing. It is a capable SUV which does not disappoint in terms of luxury and comfort, while also being a safe vehicle to travel in. The seven-seater Alturas G4 mainly rivals the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Honda CR-V and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.