- 6 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 8 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 21 hrs ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Sports Rishabh Pant India's first-choice keeper for all three formats, MS Dhoni knows when to retire: MSK Prasad
- News Will do best to ensure no harm comes to pride, honour of our jawans: Rajnath
- Movies Kiara Advani Goes All Emotional As Kabir Singh Completes One Month!
- Technology 10 Useful Touch Gestures For Chrome On iPhone
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Lifestyle Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Mahindra Alturas G4 launched in India at a starting price of Rs 26.95 lakh. The Alturas G4 is the latest flagship SUV from the Mahindra brand, placed above the XUV500 model. The SUV is available in two variants: 2WD AT and 4WD AT. The top-end variant is priced at Rs 29.95 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is based on the fourth-generation Ssangyong Rexton. The flagship SUV has a bold and commanding design. Up front, the Alturas G4 comes with Mahindra's signature grille with vertical chrome slats and the centrally-placed logo. It also features HID headlamps with LED DRL, as well as LED fog lamps with cornering lights.
The front profile also comes with a good amount of chrome accents. This includes the chrome strip above the grille and a thin strip on the rather sporty front bumper.
The sides of the Mahindra Alturas G4 has a clean look, with just a chrome strip surrounding the large windows of the SUV. It also gets a crease line, just above the body-coloured door handles.
The SUV rides on large 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, which compliment the overall dimensions of the SUV.
The rear of the SUV comes with wrap-around LED tail lights and more chrome accents. The ‘Alturas G4' badging is centrally positioned on the lower part of the boot lid.
Moving to the interiors, the Mahindra Alturas G4 has a premium look and feel with soft-touch materials all-around. The dual-tone cabin has rich Nappa leather-wrapped seats, centre console and multi-function steering wheel. The premium leather further extends to the rear passenger seats as well, providing a very premium feel to the cabin.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 comes loaded with features and equipment. The flagship SUV offers an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system, supported with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Other features include a dual-pod instrument cluster with an LCD MID at the centre, eight-way electrically-adjustable driver-seat, electric sunroof, illuminated glove box, rain-sensing wipers, LED lamps for all rows, and tyre pressure monitoring system among others.
The Alturas is available as a seven-seater configuration. The boot on the Alturas is spacious, however, it can further be extended by folding both the third and middle rows of seats. The third-row comes with 50:50 split seats while the middle-row offers a 60:40 split.
Safety features on the new Mahindra Alturas G4: Nine Airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Anti-Roll Protection, ABS with EBD, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control and ISOFIX child-seat mounts among others as standard.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is powered by a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine producing 178bhp and 420Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission, sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
Mahindra announced the start of bookings for the Alturas G4, a week ahead of its official launch. The flagship SUV can be booked at the nearest Mahindra dealership for an amount of Rs 50,000.
The Alturas G4 will be available in a range of five colours: New Pearl White, Napoli Black, Lakeside Brown, Dsat Silver and Regal Blue.
We have already driven the brand-new Mahindra Alturas, click here to check out our first drive review.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Alturas G4
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is most premium SUV from the Indian manufacturer till date. The new flagship SUV will be sold through Mahindra's ‘World Of SUV' dealerships across India. The Alturas G4 rivals the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Skoda Kodiaq and the recently launched Honda CR-V.