- 3 min ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- Technology Google Search's new avatar might be bad news for bloggers
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty's Son Namashi To Debut In Bollywood With Rajkumar Santoshi's Next
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
World's 8th largest automaker, Kia Motors has announced the commencement of its Australian Open Ballkids program in India. The entries for the program are open from today and Kia Motors India has joined hands with Indian tennis legend Mahesh Bhupathi for the selection and training process.
The Australian Open Ballkids initiative by Kia Motors is aimed to play a significant role in the growth of tennis in India. Kia had a long-standing partnership with the iconic Australian Open that began in 2002. The Australian Open Ballkids Program is meant to be instrumental in fostering young talent in India by providing them with a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Ten shortlisted Indian Ballkids will get a chance to experience the excitement, thrill, and sporting spirit of the tennis tournament through a fully sponsored trip by Kia Motors India. The Balkids play an important role in the smooth functioning and execution of tennis tournaments.
Since its entry in India, Kia has followed the company's global philosophy of being an enabler of sports. India's first FIFA OMBC (Official Match Ball Carrier) program by Kia Motors encouraged millions of sports enthusiasts. Now, Kia has initiated the Ballkids Australian Open experience to identify young tennis enthusiasts.
As part of the entry process, parents/guardians can log in to the Kia Motors India microsite for registration. Based on the digital entries, Kia Motors India will conduct regional auditions in four cities: Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru and the final selections will be held at Delhi. Mentored by Mahesh Bhupathi, 100 shortlisted kids (age group 12-15 years) will be assessed by Australian Open officials to identify the final 10 Kia Ballkids for Australian Open 2019.
Managing Director & CEO of Kia Motors India, Kookhyun Shim said, "Our association with Australian Open has helped us support players and promote the growth of tennis worldwide and it gives me immense pleasure to bring this partnership to India. The Australian Open Ballkids Program will help us create real KIA Brand experiences and provide a global platform to young sports enthusiasts and further promote tennis in the country."
Thoughts On The Kia Motors Australian Open Ballkids Program
Kia Motors has been associated with various sports programs around the globe and the company has already joined hands with the Bengaluru Football Club. Now, Kia has announced a new initiative to encourage the tennis enthusiasts in the country. The Ballkids initiative will be a golden opportunity for young tennis fans to experience the iconic Australian Open.