- New Jeep Compass Variants To Launch In The Next Six Months — Includes The Night Eagle & Trailhawk
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Spotted Testing In India
- Jeep Compass Ad On Mumbai-Pune Expressway Becomes The Largest Billboard In India
- Jeep Compass Bedrock Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 17.53 Lakh
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Three And Five-Door SUV Spotted In Mumbai
- Jeep Renegade Facelift Unveiled — To Be Launched In India Soon
Speaking to Autocar UK, CEO of Jeep, Mike Manley said that the company is working on a new vehicle and it sounds interesting. The new small SUV will be slotted below Renegade and will be based on a lighter platform.
As of now, Jeep has not confirmed the platform for the upcoming SUV. But Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' platform strategy suggests that the small SUV could utilise the same platform of the next-gen Fiat Panda. Jeep will reveal its future plans for the global market on June 1, 2018.
Jeep initially planned to use the modified version of the Jeep Renegade platform, but it's heavier and does not suit the characteristics of the new SUV. The development of small SUV was initiated after Fiat noticing the growth of the compact SUVs in the European market.
Talking about the Fiat Panda, the SUV gets 4X4 drivetrain and is already on sale in many international markets. The Fiat Panda's platform would be ideal for the upcoming small SUV from Jeep as it could also get four-wheel-drive capabilities.
Currently, the most affordable Jeep SUV in India is the Compass. The American firm might also launch the Renegade in India as the SUV has been spotted testing on Indian roads. Now, with the advent of the new small SUV, Jeep could increase its market share in the country.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Jeep's Small SUV
The new small SUV from Jeep will be built from scratch and it will be targeted towards European and emerging markets around the world. Jeep is expected to introduce the Renegade in India in 2019 but we have to wait for quite some time for the small SUV. The small SUV will rival the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and even the Tata Nexon.