- Movies Global Prabhas Day: New Instagram Filter Dedicated To Rebel Star Prabhas Unveiled!
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Washington Sundar picks India, Australia, WI and England as semifinal entrants
- News Harish Chaudhary replaces Harish Rawat as Punjab and Chandigarh in-charge with immediate effect
- Technology PUBG: New State Gets Official Launch Date: Coming To Android And iOS Devices From Day One
- Finance This Stock Trades With Gains Of 267% As The Stock Re-Lists To Give Effect To The ‘Scheme Of Arrangement'
- Education NEET MDS 2022 Exam Postponed, Check Revised Schedule Here
- Lifestyle Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Gives A Reminder Of Self-love
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
Jeep is planning to enter the rapidly growing compact SUV segment in the Indian market. The Compass has received an overwhelming response from the Indian customers, and now the company is readying another SUV for India.
The new compact SUV will be the most affordable product from the stable of American automaker in India. The new sub-4 metre SUV will rival the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and Tata Nexon. Manley did not reveal any other details about the new product for India.
Currently, Jeep does not have a sub-4 metre compact SUV in its global lineup. But Jeep has been testing the Renegade on the Indian roads for quite some time. The Renegade measures around 4.3 metre. It is said that the length of the Renegade will be shortened under 4-metre and will be sold as a compact SUV in India.
Apart from the shortened length, the Jeep Renegade is likely to lose some of the features offered in the global market to keep the costs low. The compact SUV will share its platform with the Compass. So, manufacturing the Renegade in India should not be a problem.
Jeep might also export the Renegade compact SUV to right-hand-drive markets from the Ranjangaon plant. Currently, Jeep already exports the Compass to several global markets The renegade might borrow the 1.4-litre petrol engine from Compass and could also feature a new diesel unit.
As per emerging reports, the new Jeep compact SUV could hit the Indian market by the end of 2018 or by 2019 and expect the pricing to be under Rs 10 lakh. So, Jeep has plenty of time to develop the compact SUV. Both the Compass and the upcoming SUV will be the key products for the company in India.
Jeep Compass has been a successful product in the country, and now the company is developing another compact SUV for the Indian market. This time Jeep is trying to capture the mass market segment in India by introducing a compact SUV. But, will Jeep challenge the supremacy of Maruti Suzuki in India? Only time will tell.