TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Jeep is planning to enter the rapidly growing compact SUV segment in the Indian market. The Compass has received an overwhelming response from the Indian customers, and now the company is readying another SUV for India.
The new compact SUV will be the most affordable product from the stable of American automaker in India. The new sub-4 metre SUV will rival the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and Tata Nexon. Manley did not reveal any other details about the new product for India.
Currently, Jeep does not have a sub-4 metre compact SUV in its global lineup. But Jeep has been testing the Renegade on the Indian roads for quite some time. The Renegade measures around 4.3 metre. It is said that the length of the Renegade will be shortened under 4-metre and will be sold as a compact SUV in India.
Apart from the shortened length, the Jeep Renegade is likely to lose some of the features offered in the global market to keep the costs low. The compact SUV will share its platform with the Compass. So, manufacturing the Renegade in India should not be a problem.
Jeep might also export the Renegade compact SUV to right-hand-drive markets from the Ranjangaon plant. Currently, Jeep already exports the Compass to several global markets The renegade might borrow the 1.4-litre petrol engine from Compass and could also feature a new diesel unit.
As per emerging reports, the new Jeep compact SUV could hit the Indian market by the end of 2018 or by 2019 and expect the pricing to be under Rs 10 lakh. So, Jeep has plenty of time to develop the compact SUV. Both the Compass and the upcoming SUV will be the key products for the company in India.
Jeep Compass has been a successful product in the country, and now the company is developing another compact SUV for the Indian market. This time Jeep is trying to capture the mass market segment in India by introducing a compact SUV. But, will Jeep challenge the supremacy of Maruti Suzuki in India? Only time will tell.