- 7 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 9 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 10 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 11 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 10: Karan Patel, Karishma Tanna, Kavita Kaushik & Other TV Celebs Approached!
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Fabulous Finch and superb Starc fire Australia to fourth win
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Isuzu recently launched the new MU-X facelift in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 26.26 lakh ex-showroom (Hyderabad). The updated SUV features subtle changes to the design and interior. Now, MoneyControl reports that Isuzu is considering to introduce a compact SUV in the country.
The report states that Isuzu is working on a smaller SUV and the company will soon come to a final decision on the India launch. Deputy Managing Director and Executive Vice President of Isuzu Motors India, Ken Takashima said that the company is developing a small SUV internationally, but Isuzu is yet to decide about the India launch.
Currently, Isuzu retails the MU-X SUV and three variants of pick-ups under the D-Max brand in the country. With the SUV segment becoming popular in India and across the world, Isuzu has decided to develop a new compact SUV to tap into the rapidly growing compact SUV segment.
The upcoming compact SUV from Isuzu might also feature a hybrid powertrain if it is feasible to the mass market. So, expect the new compact SUV to be different from the current lineup as it could get a new engine and new design language to take on the well-established rivals.
Isuzu's manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh has an initial capacity of manufacturing 50,000 units per annum. The newly launched Isuzu MU-X facelift is brought to India via CKD (Completely Knocked Down) from Thailand. But Isuzu could manufacture SUVs in India if the domestic and export demand increases.
The newly launched Isuzu MU-X features a revamped design with a redesigned front grille, projector headlamps, LED DRLs and newly designed bumper. The interior of the SUV is also premium with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and much more.
Thoughts On The Isuzu Compact SUV
With the SUV segment growing at a rapid pace, Isuzu is developing a new compact SUV. The compact SUV segment has seen a massive growth in India and players like Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Renault and Tata Motors are leading the pack. Now, Isuzu is considering to jump into the compact SUV segment in the country.