- 22 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 23 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2019: Top contests
- Sports Ousted Sarfaraz Ahmed to remain in top Central Contract category
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Hyundai revealed the Kona electric SUV in 2017 and the vehicle is being sold in several global markets. Now, Financial Express reports that the Hyundai Kona will be launched in the Indian market in July 2019.
The South Korean automaker has confirmed that the Kona electric SUV will be introduced in the Indian market. The company has also stated that the Kona will be locally assembled at Hyundai's Chennai plant. This means that the Hyundai Kona will come to India via CKD route.
The report also states that the Hyundai Kona will be priced under Rs 30 lakh. But still the price tag looks steep for a small SUV and one can buy a high-end conventional SUV at that price range. But considering that it gets an advanced electric powertrain, the price is reasonable.
Initially, Hyundai will aim to sell 1,000 units of the Kona electric in 2019 and the company will increase the production if there is demand. The Hyundai Kona electric will be retailed in top ten metro cities and the sales network will be expanded at a later phase.
Hyundai already retails the Kona SUV with a petrol engine and pure electric powertrain in several global markets. The Hyundai Kona was also showcased at the MOVE Global Mobility Summit. The Kona will be India's first electric SUV if Mahindra does not launch the electric version of the KUV100.
We have already reported about Mahindra planning to develop a new electric hatchback and sedan to strengthen its position in the EV segment. Similarly, Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are also planning to launch electric vehicles by 2020. So, we can assume that the EV segment will spice up in 2020 with major manufacturers entering the segment.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Kona Electric SUV
The Hyundai Kona electric is a stylish sub-compact SUV with impressive performance figures. Now, Hyundai has decided to bring the Kona to India in 2019 and the biggest challenge will be the charging infrastructure. But as the system gets better, the electric vehicle segment will be popular and the sales of the EVs will also improve.