- 7 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 9 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 11 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup: Lower-order need to be ready as top-order can go off in overcast conditions: Kohli
- News 2019 mandate liberated India from ailments of dynasty, casteism and appeasement: Amit Shah
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hyundai i20 Active facelift revealed. Hyundai has unveiled the new 2018 i20 Active with subtle cosmetic changes. Hyundai had launched the new 2018 Elite i20 at the Auto Expo 2018 and now the company has revealed the facelifted i20 Active.
The 2018 Hyundai i20 Active misses out on the company's signature cascading grille which can be seen of the 2018 Elite i20.
The rear end of the 2018 i20 Active has received a considerable amount of upgrades with a new tail light cluster and the registration plate housing has been moved to the tailgate.
On the exterior, the Euro-spec 2018 Hyundai i20 Active now comes with an optional Phantom Black roof and two new colour options. The interior of the facelifted i20 Active remains the same except for the new pattern for the seat upholstery. Apart from that, the overall design remains the same.
The Euro-spec 2018 Hyundai i20 Active also gets a new 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and idle start/stop system to improve the overall fuel efficiency. On the safety front, the European model also gets lane departure warning and forward collision warning.
The India-spec 2018 Hyundai i20 Active is likely to feature the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 81bhp and 114Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 88bhp and 219Nm of torque.
The current-gen Hyundai i20 Active gets a 5-speed manual gearbox for the petrol model and 6-speed manual transmission for the diesel model. It will be interesting to see if Hyundai brings the CVT gearbox option for the i20 Active as none of its rival offer CVT in the country.
Thoughts On The 2018 Hyundai i20 Active
The facelifted avatar of the Hyundai i20 Active does not feature any major design updates as compared to the current-gen model. The i20 Active misses out on the cascading grille, which is a surprise.
Hyundai has not revealed the timeframe for the launch of the i20 Active facelift in India but we expect the updated crossover hatchback to be launched in 2018. When launched in India, the 2018 Hyundai i20 Active will rival the likes of newly launched Ford Freestyle, Toyota Etios Cross and the Fiat Urban Cross.