TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CBI War: Nageshwar Rao Appointed Interim Director, Verma, Asthana Sent On Leave
- OnePlus Pop-Up Events Announced: Buy OnePlus 6T With Free Food And Goodies
- Ever Been To This Ancient Village Of Tigawa In Madhya Pradesh?
- Ever Tried Using Kiwi For Strong & Shiny Hair?
- THIS Actor Caught Deepika Padukone Sitting On Ranveer Singh's Lap; Reveals How Their Romance Begun!
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- Manchester United 0 Juventus 1: Dybala Downs Mourinho's Men On Ronaldo's Return
- Paytm FD Offers Interest At The Rate Of 8%; Know How To Avail It
Hyundai i20 Active facelift revealed. Hyundai has unveiled the new 2018 i20 Active with subtle cosmetic changes. Hyundai had launched the new 2018 Elite i20 at the Auto Expo 2018 and now the company has revealed the facelifted i20 Active.
The 2018 Hyundai i20 Active misses out on the company's signature cascading grille which can be seen of the 2018 Elite i20.
The rear end of the 2018 i20 Active has received a considerable amount of upgrades with a new tail light cluster and the registration plate housing has been moved to the tailgate.
On the exterior, the Euro-spec 2018 Hyundai i20 Active now comes with an optional Phantom Black roof and two new colour options. The interior of the facelifted i20 Active remains the same except for the new pattern for the seat upholstery. Apart from that, the overall design remains the same.
The Euro-spec 2018 Hyundai i20 Active also gets a new 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and idle start/stop system to improve the overall fuel efficiency. On the safety front, the European model also gets lane departure warning and forward collision warning.
The India-spec 2018 Hyundai i20 Active is likely to feature the existing 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 81bhp and 114Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 88bhp and 219Nm of torque.
The current-gen Hyundai i20 Active gets a 5-speed manual gearbox for the petrol model and 6-speed manual transmission for the diesel model. It will be interesting to see if Hyundai brings the CVT gearbox option for the i20 Active as none of its rival offer CVT in the country.
Thoughts On The 2018 Hyundai i20 Active
The facelifted avatar of the Hyundai i20 Active does not feature any major design updates as compared to the current-gen model. The i20 Active misses out on the cascading grille, which is a surprise.
Hyundai has not revealed the timeframe for the launch of the i20 Active facelift in India but we expect the updated crossover hatchback to be launched in 2018. When launched in India, the 2018 Hyundai i20 Active will rival the likes of newly launched Ford Freestyle, Toyota Etios Cross and the Fiat Urban Cross.