- 20 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Finance Markets To Jump Post Exit Poll Results
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Honda Cars India has announced its plans to enter the electric car market in the country. According to Autocar India, the Japanese automaker will introduce electric cars for the masses, with its first launch scheduled around 2021 in India.
Honda has also announced its investment towards the Indian market, amounting to Rs 9,200 crore. The investment will be used over a decade towards the introduction of cleaner technologies and a third production plant as well.
Gaku Nakanishi, president & CEO, Honda Cars India also stated that the company will launch its first electric car in India by 2021 and it could be a mass-market hybrid. He stated, "All I can say is that our electrified journey in India will begin within the next three years and this may surely include a mass-market hybrid."
However, at this point, it still unclear which model will make its way to the Indian market. The car will be sold on a volume-based sales, which suggests a more mass market model, such as the City or the Jazz.
There already have been reports of an electric version of the Jazz being tested internationally. Both the Jazz and the City models are already available with a hybrid powertrain in the Japanese market.
Honda has already announced six new models for the Indian market, to be launched by 2021. Out of these, the hybrid versions of the City and the Jazz would be the first products, expected to be launched sometime in 2019 and 2020, respectively.
Other companies such as Suzuki has already begun the process of setting up its lithium-ion plant in India, under the Collaboration of Toyota. Maruti Suzuki has also announced its first electric car for the Indian market in 2020.
Thoughts On Honda Electric Cars In India
With many car manufacturers looking at introducing electric cars in India. Honda has also joined the bandwagon. Although no information of the model to be introduced, the new electric car from Honda is expected to be launched in India sometime in 2020.