- Honda Civic Facelift Revealed — India Launch in 2019
- New Honda CR-V India Launch Details Revealed
- Honda City, WR-V And BR-V Special Edition Launched In India
- New Honda Brio Revealed At 2018 Indonesia International Auto Show
- New Honda Civic Diesel To Get An Automatic Transmission For The First Time
- Honda Jazz 2018 Top Features To Know: New Infotainment System, New Colours & More
The new EV by Honda will be based on the Jazz offering in India. The Japanese car manufacturer will first launch the Jazz EV in China, following other international markets by 2020.
Honda claims that the new Jazz EV will come with a range of 300km in a single charge. The company currently uses batteries borrowed by Panasonic and GS Yuasa.
However, the new Jazz EV will receive their batteries from Contemporary Amperex Technology. This being a Chinese firm, Honda hopes to receive incentives for the batteries from the Chinese Government.
Honda is yet to confirm if the new EV will come with a completely new design or will be fitted onto the Jazz model. The company recently unveiled its new electric vehicle based on the HR-V SUV at the Beijing Motor Show this year. This SUV electric vehicle is said to go on sale in China this year.
Currently, Honda has just one electric vehicle in its global lineup, the Clarity. This EV is sold only in the United States market. The vehicle uses a 25.5kWh battery pack, producing 129bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Once launched in the Chinese market, the new Honda Electric Vehicle is expected to be priced at an equivalent of Rs 16.36 lakh (USD 24,000). Honda expects to sell nearly 10,000 units of the Jazz EV every year.
Thoughts On The Honda Jazz Electric Vehicle
Honda has not announced whether or not it will bring the Jazz electric to the Indian market. However, other companies like Tata Motors have already started focussing on the EV market in India.