- 11 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 12 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 13 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 14 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- News Ahead of crucial trust vote, all odds against Karnataka government
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: These Quotes Speak Volumes About Her Love For Nick Jonas!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days: Discounts on Laptops
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Honda has launched the new-gen Amaze in the Indian market with the diesel CVT option. The Honda Amaze becomes the first car in its segment to get a CVT gearbox in the diesel version. Now, Overdrive reports that Honda is also considering to introduce the CVT gearbox on the City diesel model.
The report states that if the Honda Amaze diesel CVT becomes a big success, the company might introduce the CVT option on the City diesel model. Currently, the Honda City is available with the CVT option only on the petrol model. The Hyundai Verna is the only sedan in the C-segment to offer diesel CVT option.
But the Honda Amaze diesel CVT produces a slightly lower power output as opposed to the manual diesel model. The 1.5-litre diesel engine mated to a CVT gearbox produces 80bhp and 160Nm of torque while the manual variant is good for 98.6bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Rajesh Goel, SVP and Director, Sales and Marketing, Honda India said that the company has the technology and coming up with the City diesel CVT should not be difficult. But Goel did not reveal the timeframe for the launch of the Honda City Diesel CVT.
We already know that Honda is planning to launch the new-gen City in the Indian market in 2019. So, Honda might offer the diesel CVT on the new City. The inclusion of a CVT diesel model will make the City one of the best C-segment sedans in the country.
The Honda City has been the best-selling C-segment sedan in the Indian market. The City is known for its sporty looks, premium interiors and refined engine. The City as a brand has a cult following in the country. The fourth-gen City is one of the best-selling cars for Honda slightly ahead of the WRV and Jazz.
Thoughts On The Honda City Diesel CVT
The CVT gearbox on cars is becoming popular day-by-day as the urban buyers prefer automatic cars over the manual model. All the manufacturers are introducing the CVT and the Amaze becomes the latest car to get the diesel CVT option. Now, if the City also gets the diesel CVT, it will be great overall package. Expect the Honda City diesel CVT to be slightly expensive as compared to the manual model.