TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Ford India revealed the new Freestyle crossover in India in January 2018 and now the company is gearing up for the launch of the Figo-based crossover. Ahead of its launch, the Ford Freestyle has been spotted at the company's corporate office in Gurgaon.
The Ford Freestyle is based on the Figo hatchback but comes with few unique design elements. The Freestyle sports a new hexagonal honeycomb grille inspired by the one on the Mustang and a new bonnet. The crossover also features new sweptback headlamps and fog lamps.
The front end of the Ford Freestyle also gets a faux skid plate and black cladding on the bumper. The side profile also sports black cladding running across the body and roof rails. The rear of the Freestyle is similar to the Figo but features skid plate and raised bumper.
The interior of the new Ford Freestyle is also similar to the Figo. The interior of the crossover features a floating 6.5-inch SYNC3 infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The safety features of the Ford Freestyle include six airbags, ABS with EBD, traction control, electronic stability control and active rollover prevention.
Powering the Ford Freestyle is the new 1.2-litre three-cylinder Dragon series petrol engine producing 94.6bhp and 120Nm of torque.
The diesel variant of the crossover draws power from a 1.5-litre engine producing 99bhp and 215Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to an all-new 5-speed manual gearbox.
Ford has raised the suspension of the Freestyle by 15mm as compared to the Figo hatchback with a ground clearance of 189mm. The crossover is equipped with 15-inch six-spoke dark-coloured alloy wheels.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Ford Freestyle
The Ford Freestyle is a rugged vehicle as compared to the Figo hatchback. With the increased ground clearance, the Freestyle will be able to tackle the broken roads in India. We expect Ford to launch the Freestyle in the coming weeks with a price tag of around Rs 6 lakh to Rs 8 lakh ex-showroom.
When launched in India, the Ford Freestyle will rival the likes of Toyota Etios Cross, Volkswagen Polo Cross, Hyundai i20 Active and Fiat Avventura.
Image courtesy:Kapil Joshi/Facebook