TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
Ford India revealed the new Freestyle crossover in India in January 2018 and now the company is gearing up for the launch of the Figo-based crossover. Ahead of its launch, the Ford Freestyle has been spotted at the company's corporate office in Gurgaon.
The Ford Freestyle is based on the Figo hatchback but comes with few unique design elements. The Freestyle sports a new hexagonal honeycomb grille inspired by the one on the Mustang and a new bonnet. The crossover also features new sweptback headlamps and fog lamps.
The front end of the Ford Freestyle also gets a faux skid plate and black cladding on the bumper. The side profile also sports black cladding running across the body and roof rails. The rear of the Freestyle is similar to the Figo but features skid plate and raised bumper.
The interior of the new Ford Freestyle is also similar to the Figo. The interior of the crossover features a floating 6.5-inch SYNC3 infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The safety features of the Ford Freestyle include six airbags, ABS with EBD, traction control, electronic stability control and active rollover prevention.
Powering the Ford Freestyle is the new 1.2-litre three-cylinder Dragon series petrol engine producing 94.6bhp and 120Nm of torque.
The diesel variant of the crossover draws power from a 1.5-litre engine producing 99bhp and 215Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to an all-new 5-speed manual gearbox.
Ford has raised the suspension of the Freestyle by 15mm as compared to the Figo hatchback with a ground clearance of 189mm. The crossover is equipped with 15-inch six-spoke dark-coloured alloy wheels.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Ford Freestyle
The Ford Freestyle is a rugged vehicle as compared to the Figo hatchback. With the increased ground clearance, the Freestyle will be able to tackle the broken roads in India. We expect Ford to launch the Freestyle in the coming weeks with a price tag of around Rs 6 lakh to Rs 8 lakh ex-showroom.
When launched in India, the Ford Freestyle will rival the likes of Toyota Etios Cross, Volkswagen Polo Cross, Hyundai i20 Active and Fiat Avventura.
Image courtesy:Kapil Joshi/Facebook