- 8 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 13 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Ford India recently launched two new variants of their compact SUV offering, the EcoSport. The two variants are; the EcoSport S and the EcoSport Signature. The new variants are based on the Titanium trim in the EcoSport's lineup.
The Ford EcoSport S and the Signature Edition variants are priced at Rs 10.40 lakh and Rs 11.37 lakh for the petrol version, respectively. The diesel versions of the EcoSport S and Signature Edition come with a price of Rs 10.99 lakh and Rs 11.89 lakh, respectively as well. All prices ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here are the top features of the newly launched Ford EcoSport S and Signature Edition
Sunroof or Fun Roof'
The new Ford EcoSport S and the Signature Edition now come with a sunroof on both the variants. Ford calls it as the ‘Fun Roof'. The EcoSport Signature Edition gets an electric sunroof, while the EcoSport S features a Powerslide Sunroof on both its fuel trims.
Both the EcoSport S and the Signature Edition come with a host cosmetic updates on the exterior of the compact-SUV. The front grille on the new SUV is now completely blacked out. Other blacked out bits include B pillars, door handles and ORVMs, fog lamp bezels and roof rails.
The EcoSport Signature receives projector headlamps flanking the hexagonal front grille. The SUV also gets diamond cut dual-tone alloy wheels.
The EcoSport S variant features a front grille finished in high gloss black. This is flanked by HID headlamps. Other external updates include a black painted roof, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers and a premium smoke alloy wheels.
The Interiors of the new Ford EcoSport S and Signature Edition also feature some major upgrades.
The EcoSport Signature Edition features steering mounted controls, nine-inch touchscreen (Capacitive) infotainment system with embedded navigation and microphone. It also gets dual USB ports with illumination and Bluetooth.
Other features include theatre dimming cabin lights, puddle lamps on ORVMs, conquer blue seat stitching, Inner door handles in chrome, black painted sporty alloy pedal and sporty anodised blue inserts.
The EcoSport S variant receives an eight-inch touchscreen (capacitive) infotainment system with the latest SYNC3 system with voice recognition, mobile connectivity compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Other features include glove box illumination, multicolour footwell ambient lighting, premium instrumentation cluster with chrome rings, tyre pressure monitoring system and flat bed seats.
The Ford EcoSport Signature Edition receives the same 1.5-litre ‘Dragon Series' Petrol engine. This engine produces 121bhp and 150Nm of torque. This variant also gets 1.5-litre diesel variant churning out 98.6bhp and 205Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
The Ford EcoSport S variant, on the other hand, comes with the company's most awarded petrol engine, the 1.0-litre Ecoboost. This engine produces 123bhp and 170Nm of torque. This engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox. The EcoSport S also features the same diesel engine as on the Signature variant.
Both variants of the EcoSport, the S and the Signature come with a host of safety features. Features on both models include ABS with EBD, Approach Lights with HomeSafe Headlamps, Engine Immobiliser, Dual Front Airbags, Rear Parking Sensor, Safe Clutch Start and front Seat Belt Pretensioner.
The Ford EcoSport S variant additionally features Cruise Control, Emergency Assistance, Side and Curtain Airbags, ISOFIX, and Ford MyKey.
Thoughts On The New Ford EcoSport S And Signature Edition
The Ford EcoSport was among the first compact SUV launched back in 2012. Over the years, the EcoSport has seen multiple facelifts to compete against its growing rivals. The Ford EcoSport rivals the likes of the Tata Nexon and the Maruti Vitara Brezza.