TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
The recall of the Ford EcoSport SUVs is for the company to check the weld integrity of the front lower control arm. According to Ford, the weld strength on some of these vehicles may be below the company's specification. Which further might lead to affecting the steering control.
The company has also written to owners of 1,018 EcoSport vehicles, manufactured between November and December 2017. These vehicles will be inspected for any faulty seat recliner locks for the driver and front passengers.
Ford India recently launched the facelift version of the EcoSport in India. The company recorded a 37 percent growth in sales in June 2018. Ford sold 8,444 units in June 2018, compared to 6,149 units during the same month last year.
However, the global export market for Ford India reduced to 10,386 units from 14,649 units in June 2017.
Ford India also reached the one million domestic sales milestone in India. Anurag Mehrotra, President & MD, Ford India, stated, "With one million domestic wholesale, Ford crossed a significant milestone in June and proud to be the vehicle of choice for One Million families."
He further added, "The One Million domestic wholesale highlights the success of our ongoing strategy of focusing on strong brand, right products, competitive cost and effective scale. The strategy has ensured us to grow ahead of the industry while increasing retail fuel prices, inflation and thereby interest rates continue to post challenges."
Thoughts On The Ford EcoSport Recall In India
Ford India calls its recall ‘voluntary inspections' to keep it in line with the company's commitment to deliver world-class quality vehicles.
Owners of the affected vehicle will be contacted directly through Ford dealerships and company officials.