TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Mumbai is the latest in the line of metros in India to receive the 99-octane petrol. Hindustan Petroleum has now launched the high-octane petrol at its Auto Care Retail Outlet at NS Road, Mumbai. The 99-octane fuel demands a price of Rs 100/litre.
The high-octane petrol named the ‘Power 99', has already been launched in cities like Bangalore and Pune. HP claims to be receiving a good response for the fuel in both these cities.
This is the highest octane fuel available in India. As per the company, 93 percent of the people opt for the regular 91 octane fuel, while only the remaining seven percent use the higher octane fuel.
The Power 99 is capable of lowering the engine knock and damage, as it can withstand a higher temperature. The petrol does not contain any heavy metals and hence improves the life of the engine. Even the emission is reduced due to lower levels of NOX and CO outputs.
The 99 octane fuel was first introduced in India back in 2017. The ‘Power 99' was launched first in Bangalore on a pilot basis and was targeted at supercars in India.
Octane is the measure of a fuel's ability to resist the uncontrolled combustion taking place inside an IC engine, commonly known as knocking. The higher the octane rating of a fuel, the more resistant it is to knocking.
The reason supercars prefer a high octane fuel is that it not only lowers the knocking as mentioned above but also helps car manufacturers to design more powerful and fuel-efficient engines.
Thoughts On The 99 Octane Fuel In Mumbai
India is experiencing a rise in the number of supercars and superbikes on its roads. These high-performance vehicles require a high octane fuel to perform efficiently. However, this fuel is beneficial even for regular cars, helping them improve the life of their engines.