- 3 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- 5 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Triumph Trident 660
- 5 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 1,000 Units Milestone: Demand For EVs Increase
- Sports IPL 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer T Natarajan ruled out of tournament due to knee injury - Reports
- News EC bans roadshows, bike rallies in Bengal; public meetings restricted to 500 people
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Launches Environmental Footprint Calculator on Earth Day
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A22 Renders Leaked; Design, Triple Cameras Tipped
The Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) segment has tremendously grown in the last couple of years in India, especially the sub-four-metre models. While Ford was the first to bring the EcoSport in the segment, Maruti Suzuki later joined the bandwagon with the Vitara Brezza.
The Maruti Brezza continues to be the choice of many car buyers in the country, stamping its dominance in the segment.
But how have all the SUVs in India performed in the recent months notably in November 2017? Here's the list of top-selling SUVs in November 2017 along with the sales units and comparison over the last month and year:
The SUV that performed well in its November 2017 sales was the Ford EcoSport facelift. The American company sold 5,474 units of the SUV compared to just 400 units in October 2017. But this could be attributed to the news of the facelift launch which could have prompted buyers to wait.
Ahead of Ford launching the EcoSport facelift in India, Tata Motors entered the segment with the Nexon. While the expectation of the Nexon was high, the new EcoSport seems to have fared better than the Nexon SUV.
Tata Motors sold 4,163 units of the Nexon in November 2017 compared to 5,474 units of the facelifted EcoSport. In fact, the Ford EcoSport was the best-performing vehicle in India in November 2017.
The second best-selling SUV in November 2017 was the Hyundai Creta which continues to bring excellent sales for the company. Hyundai sold 8,528 units of the Creta and still part of the top 10 selling cars in the same month. Despite a slight drop in sales, the Creta continues to be one of the best-performing models for the company.
While the EcoSport held the third spot, in the fourth position is the Mahindra Bolero. The Bolero is Mahindra's best-selling vehicle for some time now, and by the looks of it, the SUV could be an all-time winner for the company. Mahindra sold 4,911 Boleros in November 2017 but fell by nearly 42 percent when compared to the previous month's sales.
The Tata Nexon stood at the fifth spot, and Mahindra Scorpio came in sixth with sales of 3,660 units, performing better than the previous month. Honda WR-V was the other SUV, or rather a crossover stood below the Scorpio regarding sales. The Japanese carmaker sold 3,521 of the WR-V in November 2017.
The first month sales of any vehicle do not necessarily translate to being the best; the real test is after the launch and how the SUV performs. Ford might have sold more EcoSport than the Nexon, but Tata Nexon's sales percentage is on the rise. It is to be seen how both the models perform in the coming months before we can declare the best among the two SUVs.