TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Ahead of the launch, TeamBHP has got hold of the technical details of the India-spec Kodiaq. The leaked image reveals engine specifications and other details of the SUV.
The specification sheet of the Skoda Kodiaq states that the India-spec SUV will draw power from a 2-litre turbocharged diesel engine producing 148bhp and 340Nm of torque. It is the same diesel unit used in the Tiguan but pumps out 7bhp more power compared to its Volkswagen sibling.
The torque output is similar to the Tiguan. The diesel engine is coupled to a 7-speed DSG transmission. The leaked image also reveals the dimensions of the Kodiaq, it measures 4,697mm in length, 1,882mm in width, 1,676mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,791mm.
The ground clearance of the Kodiaq stands at 140mm which is 9mm lower compared to the Tiguan. It also gets slightly smaller fuel tank of 63-litre as opposed to the 71-litre fuel tank of the Tiguan.
The Kodiaq gets a boot space of 270-litre with the three-row seat configuration. With the rear seats completely folded the luggage space increases to 2,005-litre, which is slightly lesser than Tiguan.
The Kodiaq will be the first full-fledged SUV from the stable of Skoda in the Indian market. The SUV will rival the likes of Volkswagen Tiguan, Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner. Expect the Kodiaq to be priced in the range of Rs 27 lakh to Rs 32 lakh ex-showroom.