- Volvo XC40 Momentum & Inscription Variants Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 39.90 Lakh
- Volvo Delivers Twelve Units Of The XC40 In Bangalore On A Single Day
- New Volvo XC40 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 39.90 Lakh
- Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Petrol Hybrid Launched In India; Priced At Rs 96.65 Lakh
- The New 2019 Volvo S60 Sports Sedan Unveiled — First Volvo Without A Diesel Offering
- New 2018 Volvo XC40 India Bookings Started — Launch Details Revealed
Autocar India reports that Volvo will launch the new XC60 in India in December 2017. The new 2017 iteration of the SUV will feature a host of new technology and safety features.
In India, the new XC60 will get only one engine option, the 2-litre D5 diesel engine which is also deployed in the bigger XC90 SUV. The engine is good for 231bhp and 470Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and all-wheel-drive will be offered as standard.
The performance of the new XC60 will be best in its segment. The closest rival of the XC60, the BMW X3 xDrive20d produces 187bhp and the top-spec variant producing 241bhp has been discontinued in the Indian market.
Volvo might also introduce a less powerful D4 diesel engine borrowed from the S90 sedan which produces 187bhp at a later stage. Volvo is also considering to bring the petrol and hybrid variants of the SUV in the future.
The new XC60 will be equipped with top-of-the-range equipment such as air suspension, Bowers & Wilkins audio system, Nappa leather upholstery, heads-up display and large 19-inch alloy wheels.
On the safety front, the new XC90 will feature a range of radar-based safety system. The XC60 will be the second Volvo model in India to get these safety features after the XC90 Excellence.
Volvo will locally assemble the new XC60 at its Bangalore plant in India. But it is not yet confirmed whether the SUV will be assembled in India at the time of launch, there is also a possibility of Volvo opting for the local assembly from 2018.
The new Volvo XC60 features a host of updates in its 2017 avatar. The prominent highlight of the SUV is the radar-based safety system. With the SUV being locally-assembled, expect the new XC60 to carry a price tag of around Rs 55 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).
Trending On DriveSpark: