TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Triple Talaq Ordinance Passed — Who Said What
- Easyfone Grand Review — The Perfect Mobile Phone For Senior Citizens
- This Is How Nick Jonas Fell In Love With Priyanka Chopra!
- This Girl's Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Even Have A Name
- Shaheed Baba Nihal Singh Gurdwara — Where Devotees Offer Toy Aeroplanes
- Royal Enfield Might Buy Back The Classic 500 Pegasus From Owners
Now, Autocar India reports that Volkswagen will launch the eighth-generation Passat in India on October 10, 2017. The previous-gen model was discontinued in India in 2014.
The new Passat will be the first Volkswagen sedan based on VW Group's flexible MQB platform which also underpins the Tiguan, Skoda Octavia, Kodiaq and Superb. The new Passat will redefine luxury in the premium sedan segment.
The new Passat will feature all-new LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), revamped headlights and fog lamps, redesigned grille and muscular looking front and rear bumpers. The window line and exhaust tip are finished in chrome to enhance the premium appeal.
The 2017 Volkswagen Passat draws power from a 2-litre diesel engine producing 174bhp. The engine is coupled to a 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox. The new Passat has a longer wheelbase as opposed to the previous model which indicates more cabin space.
Volkswagen has finally revealed the launch date for the new Passat which was discontinued in 2014. Once launched in India, the new premium sedan will rival the likes of Skoda Superb, Toyota Camry and the Honda Accord. Expect the pricing to be around Rs 30 lakh.